Monday, November 1, 2021

JB: (regular): Free

 Free. 


I was finally free. I guess I wasn't used to feeling this way until Daenerys came and set Mereen free from the old masters. All my life I have been dreaming of this freedom my mother sought for most of her life. I guess I never understood quite truly what true freedom was about. 


I had troubles adjusting to this new life. To the idea that I was the maker of my own decision and I was the one who shaped my own destiny. I had troubles, adjusting. I was silly, thinking that an honourable death was the only way I could honour my mother's sacrifices. I was naive... so naive. I didn't know what I truly wanted nor what freedom truly tasted like until I realized how I felt for you. 


You... you changed everything, Jaime. You gave me a reason to stay alive and not sacrifice it to serve my sister. Loyalty had never been questioned, and I would always remain loyal to Daenerys.. but this time.. oh this time... I had something I could pursue for myself: Happiness. I was happy when I was with you. I was myself, when I was with you and I certainly imagined the future when I was by your sides. So it was easy. to be free, I had to be with you. 


we still don't have the permission to embrace our feelings and it upsets me. But I will patiently wait for the closest to me, to see you the way I do. to see past your mistakes and the blood on your hands. to see the person you became and the one you have always been. I will fight for you. I will fight for us.. Always and forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment