Saturday, April 16, 2022

Quick musing of the night: About nerve-wrecking

 Another Quickie,

I quit my former job a little more than a year ago. After years of crying myself to sleep, having nightmares about my job, and being too tired to have "my" normal social life. I was working myself to sickness and the mental abuse from the employer, the backstabbing from colleagues who had already given up, the intense perfectionist trait of mine that made me work to the last minute even on the day I definitely left the company made me reconsider everything.
It was the hardest thing I have ever done. especially since I left during the pandemic but by then when I was at the hospital, I sincerely started to think about the life I wanted to have and this wasn't it. I quit. I sent my resignation letter and went to work that day with a knot in my belly. But it was easier than I thought and the sense of relief I felt during the last couple of months spent there was worth the decision I made. (I can never thank enough, the friends, family, and Main husband who gave me vital emotional support)
No job should make you feel like crying yourself to sleep.
No job should invade your private life to the point of destroying it.
No job should put your health in danger.
No employer should abuse their employees
And the most important is that there should be a work-life balance.
what's the point in running after money if it prevents you to have the time to spend it on things you love?
Anyway, I was just musing about how happy I was today, I am slowly coming back to being myself again. work isn't easy, no job is easy but hell! we don't have to suffer like that, even masochists have limits!

No comments:

Post a Comment