Saturday, December 30, 2017

Elpis and Pride: Last of 2017


She was the light in the darkness
The sliver of Hope that made you push it harder.
She was the last prayer before the decisive battle
And the first laughter after Victory
She was the promise of a better tomorrow
And the comfort sought after the heartbreak

The irony of it all, 
Was that she was convinced to be more of a disaster

xxx

Patiently waiting in the shadow is a goddess who had enough. Enough of the world, enough of everything and everyone....even enough of Pride and his vanity, his lack of compassion, his disregard for her ordeals, his disinterest in anything and everything that wasn't him. 

She knew he was selfish when she fell in love with him and decided to put up with it, but her own need for revenge was so powerful that she wouldn't want to deal with it, not now, not ever...

Maybe...

xxxxx

"I have rarely seen him smile. Everytime he would allow himself to flash his perfect teeth, I would feel a sudden rush of adrenaline through my veins. I would feel my entire being shake in fear and tremble from arousal. He was magnificent for the mortal I was. He was my everything but soon enough he wouldn't even be a memory at the back of my head. I suppose it's for the best...."

xxx

I sometimes wonder if he sees her when he looks at me. I am her perfect reflection but I am entirely different. weaker.... to be forgotten. I do not want to disappear, at least, not in his memory. 

As I can feel her grow stronger and stronger, I know that my time with the sin is limited. He barely has time for me since he's always fighting battles in the Underworld while I stay home.I am safe...and alone.

Yet, as curious as it is, I am serene. I know I would forget him as soon as Elpis is free.That is his gift for me, a better ending than a prophetized Death. I am worried about her instead. I know how she feels about him. I know what she is capable of in the name of love. I feel protective of her but I have good faith he would at least give her a room in his mind. I have good faith that the fact I looked like her helped Pride deal with finding her again.

I have good faith.

I worry about her.

xxx

Couldn't a deity dream?

Elpis didn't need Pride to crown her queen. In her mind she already was. She was the only rightful queen, the one who would care for mankind, She would vanquish her enemies, destroy what was left ofo the Pirmeval gods pantheon.

She didn't need ¨Pride to crown her queen, but she would certainly not be left behind either. Her goal was simple, she wanted to rule by his side and she would achieve her goal, be his queen.. the number 1. She already knew the work to reach out to his heart was tremendous but she was ready to try.

xxx

A black butterfly. Ayasha didn't pay attention to the creature that entered her chambers until it landed on her fingers. She was laying in her bed, her blonde mane spread over her head and felt the creature's lightweight at the tip of her fingers. A quick glance up and he realized that it was a black butterfly. In every pantheon, it was known that black butterflies were bearers of bad news. They usually meant that soon there would be a dead visiting. Leviathan was on Earth and determined to find Pride and kill him alongside with Elpis. Could that mean...

Ayasha, the goddess of knowledge straightened up on her bed and tried to shake the creature off of her hand. It didn't work. She started to look into her memory for a way to get rid of such creature but panic had settled in. If she was to be visited soon by a dead person, that meant Leviathan would die. That meant her plan was ruined, that meant Elpis would be out. That meant... She would try to avenge herself. It sent a shiver down the blonde primeval goddess spine who screamed and shook her hand, finally making the animal go.

She might lose her knight, that didn't mean she was checkmate. Ayasha recoiled at the corner of her bed, arms wrapped around her legs as she tried to reassure herself. It was going to be okay. Leviathan wouldn't die and those superstitious stories would never come to life.She wouldn't lose her Knight.

She wouldn't lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment