Sunday, December 3, 2017

COPG: Elpis

(Elpis)
Patience becomes your second nature when you are forced into a never-ending reincarnation cycle. Mind you, I chose this fate when I chose to love instead of hate. My people, the primaeval gods hated the Sins. For them, they were just weapons of mass destruction, empty shells and tools used by Hades in order to overthrow Zeus and the rest of the gods. For me, Pride was more than this. Ishtar, Ayasha and even Leviathan, my older brothers believed I was naive and misguided. All of them tried in their own way to make me quit and turn my back on Pride. They tried.. yes they tried.
It never worked. I couldn't work. I entwined my destiny with Pride's the second I realized I was in love with him. I chose him, despite the red flags. I chose him, despite everything and everyone telling me it wasn't wise. I chose him, taking the risk to have my feelings never returned. I chose him despite all of that. Was it blind devotion? blind faith in a creature that did nothing but hurt me? He wasn't perfect, we weren't perfect. I was naive, gullible, innocent when I met him and by his side, I became something more, something stronger and to be feared. Then they punished me.
It was that love that made me hold onto reality.. the dream of finding my beloved again. Mind you, tarnished by the prospect of never being able to reclaim what we lost. He doesn't know me anymore, despite having regained memories of the life we had together. This version of him doesn't know me... doesn't feel the tiniest bit of what his old self, did. So why do I insist? Why should I insist? Why couldn't I just... I guess it's because he's all there is...for me. He's my everything and I intend to conquer what he became, reclaim my place...his affection. all the while I am getting revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment