Monday, December 18, 2017

Saying goodbye

I have to say goodbye to you, not for you but for me.
I have to let go of our memories, watch as they fly by to the past where they belong.
I held onto you, as much as I could because I didn't want to let go.
How could I when you were my piece of sunshine? When reading your name still made me smile?
Now I look at it and all I have are tears, tears I can't even shed because I don't want to think about it.
About you walking away, under my nose, and acting as if I wouldn't notice.
You went away, you ghosted me, you made me feel as if you've erased me from your life.
How am I supposed to feel? if not abandoned all over again? I guess that's how it goes.
Of course, you have the right to walk away, I told you so, you're not a prisoner.
You're free to go.


I have to say goodbye to you, not for you but for me.
I have to let go of your memory so I wouldn't hit my head against the wall all over again.
I have to let go of you so I wouldn't feel the pain of remembering you.
Do you remember how close we used to be? How much you seemed to care? Because I do.
Every word, every moment we experienced together, I have them locked somewhere in my mind.
Because I never forget. Ah Jeez, it's hard to watch you leave but you decided to.
All I can do is accept I'm no longer part of your life, or not as much as I used to. I understand.
I have to make room in my heart, make sure that love I have for you doesn't hurt anymore.
I won't forget you, How could I?, I won't forget you but I will make sure it doesn't hurt as much.
You're free to go.


I loved you. I love you still. I will love you even if you're no longer part of my life.
I will let you go, out of my heart and out of my mind so I wouldn't hurt anymore.
I will grieve for our lost friendship, I would cry the tears I have to because it does hurt to lose you.
I know I did.
I let you go.
You're free to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment