Thursday, March 15, 2018

Oya : Bruises and scratches

A/ N: Just a little Oya and Sarah Thomas moment. Sarah ran into Oya a few months after their last meeting. It's taking place a little bit before the new case (the ghost case.

Xxx


Nashville, Saturday evening, Suzy Motel.


Sarah leaned her head against the window of her car. She looked at the first floor, where Oya was supposed to be and played with her keys. What was she thinking when she decided to track down Oya? There was no emergency at home, Joshua recovered from the demon attacks and was able to return to work. Sarah's husband took the girls on a trip with his family, which allowed Sarah to stay behind. She needed time for herself, to reconsider what happened a few months ago. Oya visited them, which she had done at least twice since she returned to the USA but last time felt different. Sarah noticed the glee in her eyes when she was killing their assailants. While Oya enjoyed hunting, there never had been a satisfaction this strong when she was killing human beings. Sure, the people who attacked them were following a demon and were trying to kill Sarah, her brother and their friend. That didn't make it any more acceptable. Sarah was worried, even more, when she eavesdropped the ebony's hunter's answer to Joshua when he asked her where she was going. It did hurt her, to know that Oya didn't consider the Thomas' home as her own and would rather spend her time at the Men of Letter's bunker, or rather, the Winchesters' lair.

She tried to confront Oya, sending her texts asking whether or not she thought they were family. Some nights, when she had one too many drinks, she would text Oya and ask her why she didn't visit and why she didn't think of them as a family. It was a legitimate question, given the history, Oya shared with the Thomas. They took her in when she was 15, for two years so their father could train Oya into becoming a better hunter with unfamiliar monsters. How could she act as if they weren't part of the family? Sure, Oya responded to each and every text Sarah sent her, saying she was crazy for thinking she didn't think they were her family. She reminded her that Sarah opted out of the hunter's life when she met her husband and Oya didn't want to bring danger to her household, especially since she had two children. It would be irresponsible for her to remain at Phoenix and whither in there because she wouldn't be able to live the life she chose to lead. Oya was a hunter, she made it abundantly clear to the blonde who kept trying to convince her to give it up just like her.

Well, she was convinced that it was what she wanted, but what drove Sarah to Oya's door was the fact that she felt the urge to return to that life she rejected. Fighting those demon followers rushed adrenaline through her veins and made her reconsider her life. So she was in crisis and she needed her sister to help her figure it out. Hence why she tracked Oya's phone and found her at Nashville. Hence why she was playing with her keys as she tried to decide whether or not she would go. After what seemed an eternity, the blonde woman decided to go and see Oya. She went to her door and knocked, the special knock she, Joshua and Oya shared. When the door opened, she found an exhausted Oya with visible cuts on her lips and cheeks who just got out of the shower and was wearing a bathrobe. She moved away from the door, allowing Sarah to enter the seedy motel room and sit on the bed while Oya was drying her hair.

« What are you doing here? »

« I..I needed to see you. I hope you don't mind. » She asked, still nervously playing with her keys.

« You're already there, why would I mind now? » Oya pointed out, tilting her head to the side as she furrowed her brows. She observed the blonde who was still searching for the right words to say, her hands still nervously playing with the keys, making an irritating noise that quickly got on Oya's nerve. «Sarah! Spit it out! »

« I can't stop thinking about what happened at Dad's anniversary. »

« Oh... I'm sorry you had to go through this. Joshua and Tyler should have known better than bring enemies to your house. It was such a blood--- »

« No. I mean, yes, of course, that shouldn't have happened but this is not what brings me to you today. I'm not going to...I'm not going to argue with you about coming back to Phoenix and settle down. » Oya curled her fingers into fists holding onto the towel.

« You're not? » Sarah nodded. « Wow... »

« I was unfair to you. Asking you to come back and settle down, live a life that wasn't meant to be yours. You're not the white picket fences housewife or the CEO of a company like I wanted you to be. You're a hunter. You told me so. »

« I told you so yeah. Several times already. It's just my life, I kill monsters, I save people... one day at a time. »

« I know that now. I will not bother you with this anymore. » Oya's hazel eyes opened widely as she couldn't believe her ears. Sarah Thomas never yielded. If anything she was extremely proud and stubborn and would rather die on any hill she chose to die than give up and admit she was wrong. It was a first and it automatically made it suspicious.

« What's wrong with you Sarah? What's really bothering you? » She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

« I asked Robert to take the kids on a family trip and let me think for myself. I don't know where I am right now. I want to be a hunter again. Last time when I was fighting with you, I felt something I haven't felt for a long while. »

« Adrenaline is one hell of a drug, I know. You fought really well back there, almost as if you never stopped training. »

« I still train. With Joshua still in the business, I wanted to be ready should the situation come. It did happen and I had to fight by your sides... I forgot how it felt and I can't shake this feeling... » She said, running her fingers over her blonde mane. Oya furrowed her brows and leaned against the desk near the wall. She crossed her legs and dropped her head for a minute.

« You're just high on adrenaline. Once it falls back, once you realize what you have right now, you won't return to this life. »

« But I can help people. I can be like you! I can do what you-- »

« You have a family! You have Robert and the kids and none of them are in the business. Robert wouldn't know how to handle the shit we have to face. Just today I faced a Rugaru and a very strong one. I am bruised, I am beaten, I am in PAIN! I could have died tonight if I didn't get lucky and this is not the life you want to live. »

« I have a house, we could go on trips and return there, I thought of everything and just need to work up the courage to talk to Robert. » -Sarah stood up and closed the space between her and Oya.-

«Sarah! You're not listening! You have children, two beautiful kids who NEED you with them! Listen to yourself, you want to put everyone in danger? For what? What do you have to prove to yourself? That you still got it? That you could follow your father's steps like Joshua did ? » -Sarah slapped Oya, hard enough to draw blood to her mouth. The ebony hunter just wiped it off of her mouth with the back of her hand-

« How dare you bring dad to this conversation? It has nothing to do with him! »

« It has everything to do with him. I understand. I really do. You feel like you should have been a hunter like he wanted you to be...You miss him. I get it, trust me. But you opted out because you wanted to start a family. Your life, the one you have right now is the one you chose to have and the one you worked so hard to get. You met Robert, he's fantastic. You have two great kids. You have the white picket fence one dog two kids dream you raved about. You have it. Why would you want to throw everything in the gutter because you're measuring dicks with me and Joshua? » She said closing the distance between the two of them. Sarah looked down towards Oya who gave her a faint smirk. She gently grabbed the blonde's cheek and stroked her soft cheek.

« I'm not measuring dicks with you and Josh... » -Oya cut her short-

« Yeah you are and if we were to do that, you beat both of us combined. He beats me even more. You have a family. You have kids. He has a girlfriend and maybe she'll stick around and maybe they'll have kids. You have this figured out while I am aimlessly wandering here. I don't want you to have my life... » She said walking towards the bed and sitting on the edge. Sarah turned around and crossed her arms over her chest.

« Why do you say that? Are you happy Oya ?... » Her toned betrayed her concern and she watched as she leaned into the mattress. Oya shut her eyes tight and curled into the fetal position, unwilling to answer the question. «Oya? Are you happy? You can talk to me. »

« Are you happy Sarah? » She retorted, still not moving while the blonde sat next to her.

« I am. I thought I wasn't but you were right, I am happy. I have what I wanted. I felt guilty because I left this life you and Josh are leading and thought that maybe, I was betraying dad. But you are right...I am not. »

« Your dad was happy you left. He wanted the best for you. He wanted you to have a happy life and you have it. Why jeopardize this?  For something uncertain? For a potential death ? Give this idea up. You don't need to be a hunter. You don't need that life. »

« Do you? » She crossed her legs and leaned into the mattress a little more. Oya took a deep breath and wrapped her arms around her bruised belly.

« I do. I chose this life to remember ? It's ugly, painful, lonely and on top of it all.. short. I could have died tonight, I could die tomorrow...But It's okay because I chose this life. I won't be missed. »

« Bullshit! You'll be missed. I will miss you. The Winchesters would miss you. Everyone you once knew would miss you. » She said, running her hand over Oya's wet hair.

« Go figures... » She whispered, hissing at the pain she felt on her belly.

« Let me take care of you then, since I'm here... » Sarah kept petting Oya's hair. « I can start by bringing you a burger? » Oya nodded and leaned her head against Sarah's lap. « Bacon Burger? » She nodded again. « Good. »


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment