Friday, March 2, 2018

Elpis and Pride:A goddess' fear

"You are not what your father decided you were.  You are not what my family wanted you to be. You might not even be who I thought you were... look at us. I long for days that are gone for ever. I long for a version of you I know I would not get. Foolish would that be of me, to think you would want the old me too. She was dead the day her brother stabbed her. She was dead and gone.

One thing remained and you are aware of it, but I wonder if you aren't too far gone. You have lived a life as if we've never met as if you've never been graced by my light. It hurts me to think that we have lost it.. that I have lost you. This version of you. But you have lost that version of me too. While I didn't forget our past, I grew more revengeful. I became blood-thirsty. I want their heads on a silver plate. I want to make them pay for what they did to us. For how they see you, and the loss of my beloved siblings. I want blood.

But I want you. Everything you have to give. I want it. Everything you have to accomplish, I used to say, long before you  killed your father, that you were my king without a crown. I already saw you for who you were, I recognized greatness inside of you. And while you have people who refuse to accept you, I have embraced you in the past, I will embrace you in the future....

But I love you. I loved you in the past, I loved you so much so that I survived a curse for millennia. Look at me, I am afraid of what would happen once I would be free. how ironic. I am the goddess of Hope and Light and yet I am afraid of meeting you again, for the first time. Do you remember how it was when we first met? how innocent and curious I was? I wasn't afraid of you because you showed the same curiosity about me as I did about you. Are you still curious, my love? Are you still willing to know me again? Would we trust each other again or are we too far gone for that? 

I don't have the answers but I know something: My beginning and my end are with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment