Friday, March 30, 2018

SOA: Ava and Asma: A day like the others

A/ N: All the usual disclaimers.


«Hello, beautiful. » Asma was holding Ava and rocking back and forth on the chair to help the little girl fall asleep. She looked perfect and happy, smiling from time to time to that funny little lady with her pink locks. Her tiny fists waved in the air as she was excited and was far from falling asleep. Asma gently stroked her round cheek and nuzzled her neck, eliciting laughter from the infant.


« You're supposed to sleep, Ava. It would be wonderful if you did. » She said, pressing her lips against the little girl who started to giggle. « Well, I think... since you're not sleeping yet, I could tell you something. You know I'm dating uncle Tig, right? I didn't expect this, I swear to God. When you were just a little project in your mother's mind, I was in a very very dark place. Relationship-wise? I didn't want to try again. Elias was done breaking the little rubble that was left by Oscar's devastating presence. I didn't have faith at all. But your mom did. She had faith in a better tomorrow for me and look at me now. » - She smiled and nuzzled the baby's neck once again.-


« I know I'm scared to say those words. That I am..Hap-- you know? I fear that if I say them, then all the happiness would be sucked away and I would be left with ruins. » She furrowed her brows. « But I won't let that happen. Tig is...It's difficult to date a SAMCRO guy.. really it is. I fear he doesn't come back to me when he's out doing business... » She pressed her lips onto Ava's forehead. « I fear that...I fear that his line of job would get him killed and I know I would be devastated if I ever lost him. I don't want to lose him but I don't want him to be constantly worried about me, so I suck it up and pretend everything is fine when he leaves. I return to the job I love and I focus on everything but him. You should see what happens when he does come back. I feel like the luckiest woman alive. But you know what truly swept me off of my feet? He got my name on his skin. I inked him... It's a...promise. It's a promise! It's an engagement. it's supposed to be eternal. He said I loved you with his voice but also with his skin. It's...Whoa...Oh my god... » Ava looked at her funny since she didn't understand the rapid change of mood of her aunt and started to shift and cry. « Oh, no... no, don't cry. I'm okay. I'm really okay. I'm happ----. I'm right where I want to be and I'll be watching your delicious self until mom and dad come back. » She tickled Ava who started to laugh again smiled at the baby again. « Everything would be alright .. And your mom still has to teach me how to shoot! I have enough of carrying the fake gun already! » Ava giggled and cooed in the arms of Asma, relaxed and happy, to the point of getting her diaper wet, which made Asma sniffle the air and look down at the young lady. « That's my cue for changing you, please don't poop on me. » She said, standing up and heading towards the nursery.



No comments:

Post a Comment