Saturday, June 2, 2018

Pride and Elpis: Chaos and

He is Chaos, He is Destruction incarnate.
I am the Order. I am Creation incarnate.
Somehow, He's the Yang to my Yin, the Darkness to my Light. My beloved.
I believe we're meant to be, in this life or another. I should know, I paid for my love for him. I believe we're meant to become something greater than History ever heard of. He's formidable, I admire him, respect, and love him. I do.

He's the King, He is the End.
I am his Queen. I'm the Beginning.
I'm the Alpha and he's the Omega, two sides of the same coin. I know we are. I know we complete each other, influence one another... No, influenced one another. He is not the same as he used to be after all. Neither am I. I grew, I matured, I became...I became...What did I become? What are we today if not strangers?

I have spent millennia dreaming of our reunion. Of "I say, he says." I played that game and I played it well. I wanted him to look at me and remember the way he felt about me but this is a dream, a delusion. What once was can never be again. We have lost our common past, we have lost this life we should have led. He's another person and I have to accept it. I dread my return but anger trumps it all.

We're starting over and I dare hope it would be better this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment