Thursday, June 14, 2018

Pride and Elpis: Impatient little Goddess

A/ N: Elpis is out and about, she really wants to avenge herself but her thirst for blood somehow makes her very impatient. Fortunately, Pride is here to calm her down:p


xxx


Their little « honeymoon » didn't last long, several days after Elpis was freed from Asma, Pride's siblings tried to kill him again. The goddess insisted in staying a little longer on Earth so she could catch up with mankind and restore Hope in their hearts. It had two goals, the first one was to, of course, better their lives, restore the bright light in their hearts and push them further than they went. The second goal was more selfish because she wanted to gain more power and the best way for an old god to be powerful was to be worshipped. The more people would feel Hope, the more powerful she would be. So Pride and Elpis stayed on Earth, despite Pride's annoyance at « blending » with humans. He tried to cover their tracks, make sure that they would not be noticed by his siblings so the pair could take a much-needed break, but it didn't last long. Greed and Wrath worked together again and attacked Pride and Elpis while they were walking in the streets. Since she performed her ritual a few days ago and the whole planet was aware of her presence and was blessed with Hope, there was no need for them to remain on Earth, so Pride took them back to Hades.


Elpis wasn't pleased with the situation. Greed and Wrath thwarted her plans and ruined the little break she allowed herself to have with the sin. They ruined their reunion, forced her to go hide again to a place she couldn't escape from without Pride's consent. Trapped! Again! Their reunion had a few bumps along the way, mostly because she wasn't like Asma, she wasn't like her old self, she was so hardened and uncooperative at first that it threw off the Sin. She was a challenge, that was for sure, one who made it difficult for him to hypnotize like Asma so easily was. He could speak to her, say words he knew would bring Asma down to her knees and she would look at him with a stoic face. Angry at her siblings, angry at the whole world except him. She wasn't angry at him, no, she wasn't sure. He was different from the Pride she used to know and because he was, getting closer to him proved to be more challenging than she thought it would be. The goddess still wasn't satisfied with the way things went. And she didn't shy away from Pride. He could feel it in her aura and the way she was carrying herself that Elpis was boiling inside and hated the current situation. He couldn't blame her for she had been locked away for millennia and the minute she finally was free, she was confined in his chambers.


« Would you stop brooding, Elpis? I can feel the energy from where I sit. » He complained. Elpis put her hands on her waist and pursed her lips into a pout as she didn't agree with his words. She didn't want to stop brooding, she didn't want to stop being angry. She wanted him to know how upset she was at the situation she was forced on. He lifted a brow. « It's not going to make me stop working on a plan »


« Well, maybe it should. » Elpis was upset. She really couldn't understand why he wouldn't stop what he was doing and give her some attention. She would have endured being locked in his dungeon if at least he would give her some attention but he wasn't. She was angry and became angrier by the minute. « Maybe you should take a minute out of your damn scrolls and give me some attention. »


She crossed her arms above her chest, eliciting a groan from the sin who finally looked up at her face. Even angry, Elpis was gorgeous, maybe even more than before because she really shined through. Her hair was glowing, bright, like a pink flame in the darkness of his chamber. Her skin was beautiful, flawless and contrasted so well with her hair that he would need to force himself not to look at her. She furrowed her brows and walked towards his desk. The goddess bent forward and put both hands on the table.


« Elpis, I do not have your time today. »


« You will. You will make some time for me. I am disappointed Pride. Disappointed and angry because I am forced to remain in your castle while all I want to do is roam free and destroy my pantheon. You promised me we will. »


« I know. »


« And yet, here I am, locked again! »


She insisted on the last word, pouring as much venom in it as she could. He furrowed his brows at her words, a flash of purple light crossed his gaze as he stared at the goddess before him. She grinned, satisfied because she provoked the sin and finally caught his attention. Elpis meant her words, she didn't want to hold her anger back. He made her angry and she wanted him to pay for this. She wanted him to feel just how desperate she felt. He actually didn't like this situation as much as she did. They had a great plan, they would take care of her family first, and he expected his siblings to be quiet until her situation was dealt with, but they just couldn't be. Those ungrateful sins refused to give him a break and now he had to both deal with them and the primeval gods. It would have been fine if Elpis wasn't throwing a temper tantrum, but it would not be wise to expect her not to.


« I know it is an inconvenience for you and believe me when I say that it is one for me too. However, I cannot take the risk to put your life at risk. Any of my siblings could end your life, regardless of how powerful you are. We are sins and because we are, it is in our very nature to destroy gods and sins alike. I wouldn't want to... » He trailed off as her eyes flashed a brief light. « Elpis... » He called her name again, this time in a softer manner. « This is not a prison. »


« What is it then, Pride? What is it if not a prison? I am not allowed here, I shouldn't be. Yet here I am because you somehow managed to allow me inside but it is restricted. I am confined in your chambers like a pet you will keep around. I need to go out! » She growled, her eyes flashing brightly again.


« How many times are we going to have this conversation? I am trying to keep you alive, this is why you are kept in my chambers until I have either killed the siblings who attacked you or incapacitated them long enough for us to have time to hunt your siblings. I tend to keep my word for it still holds a great value to me. » She puffed her cheeks with some air and rolled her head. « Elpis... » She lifted a brow to inform him she was listening. « We will destroy your pantheon and I already have an idea of how it's going to happen. »


He said it. He said the words she wanted to hear. Her curiosity took the best of her and Elpis' face became less tense, less angry. She was still staring at him but with attention now. Her senses were acute, a shiver went down her spine as she was anticipating his very words. How many times did she imagine killing Ayasha or Ishtar? How many times did she fantasize about bathing in their blood and relish in the feeling of having defeated those who cursed her many moons ago? She had not shared her thoughts with the sin just yet but he anticipated it. He knew her violence needed to be expressed and he knew that once she would be able to let it go, she would finally be quieter, or at least more pleasant to be around with. He grinned when he noticed that he caught her full attention and leaned onto the table, his cerulean eyes never leaving hers.


« How is it going to happen? What do you have in mind? » -Elpis seemed unsure but curious-


« I promised you that you will have Ayasha delivered on a silver plate. I will get rid of Ishtar like I did Leviathan. I will kill your sibling, perhaps, behead him so I could throw his head at your feet where it belongs. » His voice was seductive yet sinister. He did enjoy the way she reacted to his words, especially when he was describing the ways he would destroy pantheons or kill his enemies. She was very sensitive to it and he enjoyed the way the goddess was receptive to him. « I will bring your whole pantheon down, Ishtar, his followers. One by one, I would kill the gods until there is no one left but Ayasha. »


« Oh Pride... » Elpis grinned at his words and slapped her hands together with excitement.


« Yes, Elpis. Yes. She will try to kill me. She would probably be wielding a godly weapon but she's not a capable fighter, she doesn't know much about me. I will subdue her easily enough and I will rough her up, just enough for your sister to know she's doomed. Then I will bring her down to Hades and present her to you. »


« I cannot wait for this moment to happen. For you to kill those traitors and bring Ayasha to her knees. I do want to kill her, I want to take my time doing so. » She pursed her lips into a grin. « I can't wait for you to bring her to me. I don't need her to be bound because she is nothing compared to me. »


« Her words are venom and she knows your heart. » Pride warned her but Elpis shook her head. « She doesn't? »


« She has not fully seen me angry, she has not tasted my wrath. She's going to learn on the day you bring her to me. » Her tone was sinister, her eyes were glowing brightly and her lips were still smiling.


« That would be a day to remember. » He mused. « Ishtar might be the new-all father and the god of war of your pantheon, I will still bring him down, Elpis. »He warned her, his eyes flashing a bright purple light. He had already taken a god of war down, despite Ares' power. Ishtar was overpowered but the Sin saw it as a challenge more than an issue. Elpis purred at his words and bent forward so she could put her hand over his.


« If you have thought of a plan, then I should be more patient. I can wait, I will wait if you promise me this is how things will happen. »


« I promise to do everything I can to make it so. » Pride said, smirking at the feel of her hand over his.


« Fine. »


He could feel her anger subside as the idea of her revenge overwhelmed her. Satisfied, the goddess smiled and turned on her heels, satisfied by the fact the sin did not forget about her and was indeed working hard in order to make it happen. Of course, it would calm her for the moment, maybe a couple of days until her solitude took another toll on her and she ended up frustrated again. She walked back to their shared bed and stared at the sin as he resumed working on his files. Taking down Wrath and Greed would prove to be harder than it looked, but maybe he could buy them some time, at least enough to bring the revenge to the goddess as she wished.



-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment