Sunday, April 4, 2021

Chronicles of the primeval gods: Life of Elpis: His Light

I remember how difficult it was to accept that the Pride I left behind when I was cursed, was dead.

He was undone by Hades because his relationship with me was seen as a liability. I had tained the sin.

In truth, I had always wondered if they didn't unmake him because he was emboldened in his ambition.

I would never know what Hades thought at this moment, but I can control how I feel about it. 

From despair and a great sense of loss, this action is now seen as both heinous and a blessing. 

I still hate that they subjected my beloved to this, yet, I love the Sin he became today. 


I remember when he first called me his Light, in the midst of an angry tantrum of mine. 

I felt trapped inside the Underworld, denied my right for revenge and more lonely than I used to be. 

The love of my life had been distant, his mind focused on the wars at hand with his siblings.

I understood he couldn't make time for me, how could he when my very life was in danger all the time? 

I understood he couldn't spare a minute for me when he was busing hunting those wretched creatures? 

Yet I was missing him, I was yearning for him, I was growing more and more frustrated. 


He wasn't the Sin I used to know, he was different, better, more complexe than before. 

He was a King, whose supremacy was disputed by ungrateful siblings. 

He set himself free, fought his battles on his own and later on with Lust's help. 

And he remembered me. I still asked myself how life would have been if he remained the same Sin. 

He would have lied to my face, and would have pretended to care of me when he actually didn't.

I used to be a trophy before, a curiosity for the Sin of all Sins. He only noticed my untapped power.


I used to be the most beautiful goddess of the whole world, the prized daughter of Khaos and Gaea.

I used to give him attention, affection and a lot of Love but that meant nothing for him at all. 

He simply took whatever I had and gave him. there was no real  connection to this version of Pride.

But with the new one? it's a whole new world. He took the time to discover me with his own eyes.

I wasn't the distant memory of a past life, I was Elpis, I meant something to him. I understand that now.

He took the time to get to know me, to grow comfortable with my presence near him, to my feelings.

He took time to see who I really was and show me who he really was. I learned a lot from him. 


And now, I became his Light. I became his beacon of Hope and the Light in his darkness.

I am the goddess who earned her crown by his side. I am his future empress, the ruler of all.

He compromised for me, fought Leviathan so he could set me free, shielded me from Ayasha.

He accepted to go to Earth -he despised so much- and even spared it for me, as a gift. 

He protected my former host, saved her life from the ritual  and made her forget about him.

I am his Light, and I can tell each time he says so. I can tell how each other can influence on the other.

and how together, we are unstoppable. Light and Darkness, Alpha and Omega. Life and Death.


How I love him so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment