Tuesday, April 13, 2021

COPG : TIME

 

COPG : TIME

 

A/N : Ayasha and Ishtar have yet another conversation. They both feel that they are lacking time. The urgency has pushed them to their worst behaviour and yet in the midst of everything, siblings are trying to find common ground.

Xxxx

 

Ishtar felt the salty wind blow on his face, making his black locks whip it hard. He stood stoically before the wild ocean, witnessing its anger, and taking its waves in full force, perhaps, to feel his departed brother’s “presence” in what was left behind. Leviathan was dead, there was no denying it. His own hubris led him to his death by the hands of the Sin. Yes, Ishtar took this death worse than he wanted to. He hated his brother, but he did not wish him dead by the hands of someone else, especially not by the hands of his enemies.  The ocean was angry, and so was the sky that had covered itself with grey clouds, charged with rain that had not fallen just yet. 

 

The god outstretched his arms from each side of his body, eyes closed as he was picturing his brother standing before him. The meatsuit he was wearing, was wearing a nice black suit that enhanced the otherworldly beauty of the god. He did not mind being soaked with water, for he knew that with a flick of his wrist, the fabric would be dried out. Instead, he only focused on Leviathan, who was standing in silence before him, looking sternly at him, as if he were already pointing fingers at him. What would he have said anyway if he had been alive? He had warned Ishtar about their sister and her devouring ambition. He had forced the god to face his emotions regarding Elpis, his desire for his sister and the jealousy and heartbreak that allowed for him to curse her.

 

Leviathan would have been angry at what Ishtar did with his pieces of advice. He didn’t listen to him, if anything, he did the opposite. How could he have reacted anyway, when most of the pantheon was gone? The action of two, brought the pantheon to the brink of extinction and it was too late to change things. The most Ishtar could hope for, was to have their mother, Gaea, forgive their action and have her come home. How could the Pantheon thrive without their All-Mother inside?  The New All-Father was hoping that his sister Elpis would be defeated -there was no reasoning with her and he understood it now- and he would be able to restore the pantheon to its former glory.  Yet, he could still feel the judgemental gaze of his departed brother on his frame and an anguish that was holding onto his heart. He snarled as he felt the gaze of his sister Ayasha. He sighed and turned around so he could face her.

 

Ayasha was indeed joining him, unfazed by the brutal ocean and the huge waves that were crashing down against the shore. Instead, she had both hands on her waist, her green orbs were darting at him. He lifted a brow, surprised that his sister didn’t even try to hide her anger at this point. He tilted his head to the side, his long black wet locks fell on his shoulders and he snarled at her. She wouldn’t come to him and have demands when he had demands on his own. They had just barely started to reconcile, why would she come and ruin their efforts?

 

“I have been looking for you. I should have guessed you would have spent your time here, close to our dead brother rather than with me.”

 

“Ayasha, your quips won’t get to me this time. Say what you want to say and let’s go from there.”

 

“Luckily for you, brother, I am not looking for a fight. We are running out of time.” -She admitted, her eyes averted from his face to the floor. - “I still can’t find Elpis, but I can feel that she is becoming stronger by the minute.”

 

“What makes you think so?” -He asked, furrowing his brows, and crossing his arms above his chest. -

 

“My minions noticed an unusual activity on Earth. I have investigated myself and could feel the sin’s energy signature and our sister’s. Elpis was there, on Earth and together they caused chaos...”

“Chaos you say?”

 

“Yes… I choked when I stepped into the place. I could feel their power  suffocating me out there.” -She paused for a minute and then looked back at Ishtar, her green orbs lighting up- “Why—why are you here?”

 

“I thought you had it figure out.” -He teased her, walking towards her so he could close the distance between the two of them.- “I needed a moment for myself.”

 

“In front of the ocean?” -She curbed a brow.-

 

“It’s the only place that seems to be in tune with me. The ocean is wild,free, and nobody can possess it.”

 

“Leviathan could.” -She walked towards him and closed the distance between the two of them. “But he is dead now." -He noted the lack of emotions in the voice of the goddess. it was no scret that she didn't like Leviathan and given how he didn't trust her, Ishtar understood why. She resumed talking. " I know he didn’t trust me, he never could but you are not like him, Brother. You are not him. I need to know if you do trust me Ishtar.”


"I understand, sister-mine." He said as he put both hands on her shoulders. she shuddered and rolled her head to the side. She was upset, as clear as day and she needed answer. she moistened her lips and then looked up to his face again. "You are cornered, we all are. I had issues with you, a lack of clarity as well. I saw through you. Leviathan might have been an asshole, he wasn't going around with baseless claims. You manipulated me. I understand Ayasha, but I'd like the truth for once. Why did you manipulate me into killing our father? into cursing Elpis?"


She didn't know what to make of his behaviour, he was serious and she could feel the power of his engulfing her. Maybe he had been waiting for her to come here and maybe he'd casted a spell without her knowledge. She started to panic at first, her eyes glowed even harder and her breathing became more laboured.


"We deserved better than what we had. With everything you were, you would have still been looked upon with disdain and I wasn't even considered. I wanted glory  I wanted to prove the whole universe that I was powerful and so were you."


"That doesn't sound like you, to think of me. I asked for the truth, Ayasha. I need the truth to move forward from now." -He manifested his  scepter, which made the goddess shiver and run her hand over  his chest. She was feeling danger, and realized that he was willing and ready to get rid of her if he didn't get the answer he wanted. what happened to him?-


"I--- I wanted all. I was willing to sacrifice anything and everything to achieve my goal. I wanted all.... I want the whole world, I want the universe and I want the universe to respect me." She furrowed her brows and lowered her head. "Khaos was limited, outdated.He would have prevented us.../me/ from getting what I really wanted. So yes, I did it because I wanted to get rid of anyone who would have dared to stand in my way." She paused and then swallowed a lump. "I chose you because you were just like me, you would not have been hard to convince. I knew of your feelings for our sister and used it to gain your trust, rile you up because you would see the truth." -She sighed and bumped her fist against his chest.- "I used you. I admit. I was vindictive and angry at the universe. I grew closer to you and some of the feelings I have are true. But Since you want to know the truth, I am not in love with you, I am not afraid of you... I think you can crush our enemies and we can be victorious."


"Finally, some truth from your lips. I was nothing but a pawn for you. Leviathan saw your devouring ambition and it took me a while to come to terms with the fact you don't love me."


"Are you mad?" -She inquired, her eyes looked up tohis face and she  swallowed a hard lump.-


"Not anymore. I can work with the truth. You asked me if I could trust you." -She nodded- "Now, I do. I hear you, we will need to ready our troops and prepare for our sister. Since we can't find her, I assume she would come to us, and we will meet her."


"Do you believe we can defeat her?" Ayasha asked, her voice breaking and betraying her fear. Ishtar was calm, calmer than ever and he hit the trident against the floor sending shockwaves after shockwaves "Nevermind..." 


What else could she say, when her brother had demonstrated his power. He was ready to face his opponents and she was unable to see what he was really thinking of. perhaps the god of war and the New All-Father was thinking of punishing her after all was said and done. it was a gambit, to have told him the whole truth, but the blonde goddess knew that she had no other choice but to make this decision. Only time would tell what would happen next... and time was short on their hands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment