Saturday, November 18, 2023

GoT (modern): hiccups

GoT (modern): hiccups


// Just a little something about Vis trying to make amends with Bäahal and how shaken she still is because of the way he treated her.


"Bäahal."


Viserys voice echoed through the kitchen and sent shivers down the young woman's spine. She swallowed a lump and shifted her eyes from left to right. She bit her bottom lip and dropped her head in an attempt to gather herself before she could turn around and look at her brother. Viserys' voice was much calmer these days since he went to therapy but Bäahal was still expecting her brother to snap at any given moment. It didn't matter if he was sober, when he was a young boy his violent streak was out of his control and he ended up hurting the young girl. To this day, hearing his voice awoke an old wound on her shoulder and made her wince. 


"You can look at me, I'm not going to hurt you." -He tried again, his voice almost apologetic-


"I'm not.... worried about what you will do Vis.." 



She whispered, her hand gently stroking her shoulder before she turned around and looked at him. Viserys were wearing a white shirt and a pair of black pants. His purple eyes set upon his sister's frame. She was wearing her gym outfit and had a towel wrapped around her shoulders. He could tell she was still on her guard, ready for him to act up on an impulse and the sight broke his heart. Her behavior was the consequence of his own actions. 


"I've just...I just wanted to know how you were doing." -He cleared his throat- "I mean, I wanted to share a meal with you someday during the week. Would you...be interested?"


He stumbled in his words, which made Bäahal run her hand through her hair. He was trying, she could tell that he wasn't comfortable speaking to her at all, but he was trying. Bäahal wanted to believe that he truly wanted to become better. She wanted to believe that he was trying to atone for his past deeds and the pain he caused her and she was willing to open her arms to him, to give him room for growing. Her purple hues set upon his pale face and she dabbed the towel on her forehead, anything really to distract her from the stress she was under.


"We can. We could have lunch this week. I'll... come back to you with a date if you want?" -He nodded- "uh... I appreciate you taking the time to come to me. That you want to have somewhat of a relationship." 


"It's the least I can do, Bäahal. I'm trying to get better. I'm trying to be a better person." He cleared his throat and made a step forward. He stopped once he noticed Bäahal took a step back and leaned against the kitchen sink. She was clearly not comfortable being this close to him but he will give her some time. "I'll just, text me when you have the day okay?" She nodded and he left. 


Baby steps, they said. it would take baby steps to get there but he was determined to keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment