Sunday, February 18, 2024

GOT: Tyrion x Bäahal: a conversation in the garden.

GOT: Tyrion x Bäahal: a conversation in the garden.


// I missed Tyrion and Bäahal :) so these two are having a lovely conversation by the garden. 


Tyrion crossed paths with the princess during one of her daily walks by the garden. She was radiant, preciously dropped in the colors of her house, and a beautiful garment that only enhanced her beauty. Tyrion admitted to himself that the princess was genuinely one of the most beautiful women he'd ever laid eyes on. Her long silky silver hair crowned a young and perfect brown face. Her purple eyes illuminated her face in a way that could only flatter the gods and her beautiful body, was strong, curvy, almost unmarred. He understood why they called her the Jewel of Astapor. He understood why she was sought after and men fought for her favors. The Hand of the Queen recognized her fiery spirit and her thirst for freedom upon meeting her for the first time. Bäahal had just freshly escaped the living hell she was tethered to from birth and was willing to do anything if that meant she could escape Mereen and remain free. He misjudged her intentions at first, believing that she wanted to claim the Iron Throne and challenge Daenerys' power. She proved to him that she was not interested in power and would have been fine if Daenerys didn't know about her heritage. That prompted him to out Bäahal as the illegitimate daughter of King Aerys III and therefore, as Daenerys long lost sister. 


He offered the princess to go on a walk with him for a while as he wanted to take the opportunity to talk to her. She agreed to go for a walk with him mostly because they didn't have the chance to have an actual conversation since she got the blessings of her sister. They have been knowing each other for years now and it felt important to spend some time together. Tyrion reflected on the last couple of years and how much she grew into her role as a princess. She admitted that she was still struggling with it because there was just so much she didn't know about the customs, about the duties, about the politics. It was a vast world she was still discovering but one thing was true about his statement, she was more comfortable now. As they walked around the garden, Bäahal offered her arm for Tyrion to grab. He chuckled but accepted the offer. There was an elephant in the room he had not addressed just yet, so perhaps, now was the right moment to do so. 


"I didn't have the chance to congratulate you properly on your betrothal, princess."


"You've done it once already and I think you did it perfectly. You were happy and that was the most important thing for me. That you welcomed me as someone from your family." She added, tilting her head to the side in a slight nod. 


"How could I not be happy to have you as my sister-in-law?" He asked, curbing a brow as he looked at her face. Bäahal chuckled and shrugged. "I am serious, princess. Why would I not be happy?"


"By the gods, old and new, Ser Tyrion! We both know that Jaime isn't really appreciated in the whole seven kingdoms. I am aware of it, He is hated for what he did. You know that being my consort would bring attention to him. So you're worried and I understand."


"Jaime is bound to pay for his own actions. We have always known it would come to this. However, what is unfair is that it will affect you too." She shook her head and pinched her lips together. Her face became colder as the princess didn't like to be reminded of the most likely rejection of the noble houses of her union with the knight. 


"I could care less about the way people perceive me. I could care less about them not liking my choice. I know that I have a duty to the crown and my sister but Jaime is the man I chose to marry. Jaime is the man I love and they have not been in my shoes! They have not been in my shoes and I won't allow anyone, not even me, to sabotage whatever little happiness I can have for myself. I have been a slave, Ser Tyrion, I didn't own myself until I decided to take my freedom by force. I swore to myself to never let anyone else take my freedom away from me. I chose Jaime. I'll choose him every single time." She repeated, her eyes slowly filling themselves with unshed tears. Tyrion sighed, feeling stupid for bringing up a topic he knew would upset the princess but she didn't stop walking, instead, she slowed down to take back her breath and get herself together. "I apologize, I didn't mean to lash out at you. I'm not upset at you."


" I should be the one to apologize to you, Princess. I'm worried about you. I'm worried about my brother and I can't help but voice my concerns. I don't quite know how.... what it means for you and me to become family. Actually.... I have tried to picture our relationship and...Could you be true to me? could you answer a question princess?" Bäahal nodded and wiped some fresh tears that had started to roll down her cheeks. "Mmhh... Do you like me, princess? Do you genuinely like me? As a friend I mean."


"Yes! I do." -He didn't expect her to answer so fast and so confidently. It made him blink a bit before he scratched the tip of his nose.- "It is true that our relationship started off poorly. I indeed held a grudge for a while because I thought you wanted to cage me again. I realized that you weren't the man I thought you were over time. You were cunning, clever, and calculating: yes! but you were also kind and good-natured. You loved your siblings, you cared for my sister and you were concerned about me. You helped me deal with my newfound freedom and forced me to ask myself questions I didn't want to ask or didn't know how to ask... You guided me through grief when Viseryon died. You've been a safe companion for me, a counselor... a friend. I came to know you and trust you. I came to love you as a person too."


"Love... me?" He blinked and looked at her again, confused by her words, touched and feeling his heart beating faster against his ribcage.


"Yes, love you. I came to look at you fondly, Ser Tyrion. You're a confident, a counselor, a friend... and now I would have the privilege to call you family." She put her free hand against her chest and offered him a warm smile.


"I am honored, your grace." He replied, looking at the floor. He smiled to himself and kept walking with the princess. "I do... I feel the same for you. I'll look after you to the best of my ability." He promised her. She was the woman his brother loved and he would do his best to protect her from harm. It wasn't just for Jaime, it was also something personal for him. She was now seen as a sister and perhaps a new chance to bring his family together and foster good relationships with them. Bäahal was perhaps the key to Jaime's heart, a way for him to rekindle his relationship with his older brother and a way for him to make amends for his past mistakes.  She thanked him and put her free hand above his before they kept walking. His heart was lighter. His mind was at peace. 


-TBC-


No comments:

Post a Comment