Sunday, November 8, 2020

Modern!Au: A cheated wife's scorn.

// A jab at modern! Au. :)  


How could he do this to her? How could Aerys bring his bastard child into her home? The sight of this dark-skinned little runt made Rhaella sick to her stomach. She couldn't stand the kid and what Bäahal embodied. She couldn't stand the fact Aerys fell in love with another woman, went as far as seeing her in secret, fucking her, and fathering a child with her.  She wouldn't have believed it if the teenager didn't have the signature silver hair and the purple eyes. She wouldn't have believed it if Aerys didn't bring the letters that other woman kept from him, old fashioned love letters where he talked about being unable to leave Rhaella but being true to this albino commoner in his heart. it was too much. 


Every time Bäahal tried to get close to her, she rejected her. She forbade her to address her as anything but madam. She refused to let her kids play with hers and fed them constant lies about this unfortunate teenage girl. Her anger and hatred sunk deep into her psyche, causing her to fall ill from sheer hatred.  Did she enjoy to make Bäahal cry? perhaps she did, perhaps she shouldn't enjoy it so much, yet she did and the ever-increasing level of cruelty reached such level, she slapped the kid for even just looking dirty at her, or mentioning her own mother. Aerys protected Bäahal the most he could, but he wasn't always around and he couldn't always protect his love-child with Sunni. So she used her spare time to hurt her insidiously. 


A peculiar day, when her sickness was making it difficult for her to leave the house, she expressly asked for Bäahal to help her walk into the garden. Taken this as an opportunity to get closer to her step-mother and make amends for whatever crime she was responsible of, Bäahal accepted. she was 17, why wouldn't she try to have a little bit of love from her mother-in-law?  Rhaella let her touch her, at long last, and the two walked around in the beautiful garden of the palace. she asked to stop by the Koi pond and as the two looked at the fishes, Bäahal turned to look at her, her youthful features and defiant unique beauty was blinding for Rhaella who cursed her husband for fathering such a beautiful and kind girl. Bäahal, being the ever-spontaneous kid, ended up asking:


"I'm sorry mot--Madam... May I ask you something? "


"...Go ahead." She ended up saying with a distant voice. 


"What did I do to earn such wrath?  whatever it is, I apologize for it. Is there a way I could make amend? could we start over?" She desperately asked. 


"You want to know why I am so rough with you?" the teenage girl nodded. "You want to know if you could escape my scorn?" another frantic nod. "My poor child... until I die from this disease, I will never accept you. You want to know why I hate you so much? it's easy, little girl. Your birth is the very reason I hate you. I do not know you, I do not care for you. I will never accept you because your very existence is a vile disgrace to this family. My children will never consider you their sibling, they will never love you either.  Look at what your love did to my beautiful Rhaegar... it killed him! You killed him and I will never forgive you for that. You're all alone here. Aerys might have loved your mother, but she was a commoner, and he cheated on me with her. Lonely is your nickname here. Lonely you are, indeed. now be a peach and take me back home."


Bäahal held back her tears. she fought against them as hard as she could but decided against responding to the dying step-mother. 


"Yes, madam.." She whispered as she took her arm and guided her back to the warmth of this very cold house. She prayed for her father to return promptly so she could at least talk to him

No comments:

Post a Comment