Sunday, November 15, 2020

Got : my old friend. (Tyrion x Bäahal)

A/N: A little fast-forwarding. I haven't written Tyrion in a while. I already know that when they do arrive at King's landing, there would be a conversation to have between Tyrion and Bäahal. I love our babies. <3


Xxxxx


Bäahal had taken the habit to visit the dragons. She would spend most of her time with Drogon and Rhaegal, enjoying their company so she could avoid Daenerys' and give Jaime a little bit of space so he could figure out how to behave. He was never far away from her, for he assigned two guards to follow her very moves and protect her at all costs. It wasn't that he didn't trust King's Landing, but he promised to always look after Bäahal and he intended to keep his promise. Bäahal would go find them, would often bring a small stool so she could sit and watch them for a couple hours before she returned to her chambers. Tyrion found her there, dressed in a black dress with red highlights -the color of the house Targaryen after all-. She acknowledged him with a nod before her purple hues averted from him to Drogon.



« Lord Tyrion... I didn't expect you here. » She mused, her purple hues averting from the Hand of her sister to Rhaegar and Drogon playing together.


« How could I call myself the Hand if I wasn't able to find you? » He replied, smiling at the princess as he was now standing in front of her. She averted her gaze from the dragons to his face and tilted her head to the side. « You've been crying. » He noted.


« I confess. » -She whispered.-


She had been crying so hard that her eyes were now red. She might have regained some of the weight she lost, she was still frail, thinner than she used to be and the traumatism of her starvation and near-death was still written all over her face. Yet, it wasn't the reason for her tears, nor the reason he felt sorry for the princess. He knew her tears were caused by her forbidden love for his own brother and the fact Daenerys, the acting queen, rejected it.


« Do you need some tissue? » He offered, but she shook her head politely and gave him a faint smile. « I see...I also won't beat around the bush. I found you because I was worried about you. Ever since you talked to your sister, you have been avoiding us. You saw commander Targaryen once, but ever since, you've been hiding in the garden or here. »


« Are you saying I shouldn't find a little bit of peace? » Her silver brows furrowed as she spoke, her voice less broken than at the beginning of their conversation.


« No. I am not. I am saying that hiding isn't going to solve your issue with the queen. » He said, noticing a log he used as a seat. « I am saying that hiding isn't going to make you feel better. I am here to talk to you. »


« …... » She glanced at him, noticing he was now sitting next to her, and resumed looking at the carefree beasts that were play-fighting. Despite the end of her mourning for Viserion, she couldn't help but wish her beloved dragon was also here, playing with his brothers and taking her to impromptu rides across all of Westeros. « Let me warn you loud and clear, Lord Tyrion. I have heard so many warnings and angry words for me to accept one more of this. I understand that loving Jaime is a major issue with everyone under the sun. I understand that people hate my Golden Lion. I understand they hate your family. I understand the danger I put myself in by pursuing this relationship. I understand the pain he caused and I am not asking for Jon or Dany to love him like I do. I am just asking for someone to see things the way I do, at least understand that our bond is true, and my love is pure. I am not trying to hurt anybody... I'm just trying to be happy. » She lashed out, wiping again fresh tears that rolled on her cheeks. She couldn't help herself but cry her heart out.


The princess was under pressure. On one hand, she wanted to fight and convince the whole world of the good nature of her relationship with Jaime. She wanted to convince the world of his good side, of his ability to build rather than destroy but on the other hand, she was exhausted. From the important discomfort, she felt for being surrounded by people she didn't trust and the lingering trauma of the siege, the princess only found comfort when she was alone, with the two guards she trusted and the dragons she trusted as well. Tyrion understood how she felt. He had to think long and hard about the answer he was going to give her. When she first came to him for advice, the blonde Lannister realized he had been very clumsy with her. His logic, his concern were not properly channeled by his words. Instead, he appeared cruel, cold, and calculating which wasn't at all the impression he wanted to give the silver-haired princess. She needed comfort and he failed to give it to her, so he came to make amends.


« I apologize princess, for the way I treated you when you came to me. I only ever saw the issues you would encounter, rather than the truth of your relationship. I was blinded by fear of losing my brother for good and for you to be hurt even more. I came to apologize for being so cold when you were looking for warmth. » It took the princess back and she blinked several times. She was not expecting Tyrion to apologize, even less to acknowledge he should have been better with her. She straightened herself on the stool and knitted her brows.


« Apologies accepted. » She whispered, now tilting her head as she knitted her brows harder, out of curiosity. « You already gave me your piece of advice and I am waiting on my sister to summon me so we could talk about it again. All I can offer right now is to talk about your brother. » She wiped out another string of tears. « Did you two have the opportunity to talk since we arrived ? »


Tyrion chuckled, he had to. The conversation was supposed to be focused on the princess and how he could be comforting her and she still found a way to be concerned about him. He scratched the back of his neck, dumbfounded, really by her genuine concern for him and his feelings. He did speak with Jaime and the two of them reconciled over good wine. He did talk about how relieved he was to learn -from Kyra's letter- that he was alive and well. He was pleased to see him back on his feet, a changed man, a better man. They talked about the War, their loss, their family, and the fact Kyra was doing her best to rebrand their name. She was facing several issues, lords who wanted to maintain the old ways and reject the leadership of a woman. She was facing the aftermath of having Cersei and her children as rulers of the seven kingdoms and to have a brother still despised to this day thanks to a smear campaign and an oath he had to break to save millions. They talked about him being the Hand of the queen, a Lannister serving a Targaryen like Tywin did with Aerys II.


« We did, princess. We did. I have found he was a changed man. He told me what you did for him, at HighGarden. He told me you saved him when you went there.  I am grateful you did, Princess Bäahal. You brought my brother back. I do not know how to thank you for this. » He confessed, his green eyes now peering at the woman who was still sitting next to him. Bäahal wasn't expecting him to thank her for Jaime. She didn't think she saved him. What she did was talk to him and he did it himself. He saved himself. She tucked some silver hair behind her ear and sheepishly smiled.


« Jaime saved himself. I merely talked to him. It had become my mission, upon leaving King's Landing, to find Jaime. I was ready to find his remains and bury them properly. I was hoping he didn't die because I wouldn't have been able to accept his death. » She trailed off and wiped away some new tears. « I needed him to be alive, lord Tyrion so imagine my surprise when I heard rumors that led me to him? As I suspected, he was the shadow of the man he used to be but I couldn't blame him. He had lost everything at the time. He had lost the love of his life and wasn't even able to help her with her dying breath. » She sighed and closed her eyes. I realized at the time, that I was motivated by something else than the promise I made him. I was in love with him. This could explain the pain whenever I thought of him. This could explain my desire to see him, my desire to be with him. I realized it at HighGarden, so much so that when he asked me why I did all I did... I said it was because I was in love with him. It didn't go well, he rejected me at this moment. I had to leave. He broke my heart just like you predicted. » She said with a soft chuckle.


« I see....I guess it had to happen this way for both of you to realize how you both felt for the other. This was a decisive moment for my brother. That I can claim for he told me. Seeing you, hearing you, touching you was what he needed to get back up on his feet. Your love saved him, literally. » He insisted on the last part, marveling at the idea that love truly did conquer all. He had never seen Jaime love anyone else but Cersei, and to be able to see him so genuinely in love with someone else made Tyrion smile, at least now, once he processed his concerns.


« My love did? How nice of him to say so. His love saved me too.. quite literally. He was the one who heard rumors of the siege. He was the one who convinced Lady Kyra to send troops, he was the one who sunk his sword into the hearts of my enemies and the one who found me. He never left my side, not even after the few days spent in a coma... not even after I woke up and was confused and afraid. He remained by my side, Lord Tyrion when I was at my worst and his love saved me too. » A soft smile graced her features, now that she was thinking of something more pleasant. Her beloved. « People don't know Jaime like you and I do. They do not understand him. Yes, he did horrible things and I don't pretend they didn't exist. He did push a child off of a tower to protect Cersei. He let the North being completely ruined by the Boltons and before that, by Theon Greyjoy. Yes... he did terrible things but Knight Brienne was able to see past the smoke, to see him for who he really was and so did I. Jaime is loyal, he is loving, he is protecting those who need protecting. He sacrificed everything to save people from my father's madness and the only thing those bastards want to remember is that he broke his oath... as if an Oath meant more than a million lives... » She puffed some air into her cheeks and yanked her head back. « Jaime is loving and caring... passionate even. He protected me...he protects me still...I cannot and would not love someone else, Lord Tyrion. It's above my abilities. »


« I know, princess... I know. » Tyrion pondered her words, feeling warm inside. It was quite endearing to see such pure love, especially coming from the princess. She was so genuine, so sweet that he couldn't help but wish she was protected and didn't have to endure the hardships she had to go through. It became very obvious since he talked to Jaime that the pair of them genuinely loved each other and would be devastated not to love the other. It was plain to see for anyone who paid attention. He sighed deeply, wishing that his brother could keep such a positive and loving relationship. He had imagined if the two of them married, maybe even had children together. He had imagined if the two of them managed to have a happy life together, made of adventures, love, and fresh air. He really wished them the best, even more now that he had sat down with Bäahal and talked to her. « I gave Jaime my blessings, I wanted to do the same with you. I am well aware of your love for each other and well aware of how important you are to each other. I can see with my own eyes, how true you are and I will do my best to talk to the queen and let her see that you are both happy together. »


« Please do. We are not hurting anyone. I told her I would obey her every command. If she doesn't want me to be with Jaime, I will accept it but it will destroy me. She has my future in her hands and Jaime's. I don't even need the whole world to know we're together, as long as I know my sister supports me. » -She took a deep breath and wiped again some tears.- « I just want to be happy, Lord Tyrion. Is it too much to ask? »


She ended up sobbing again. Unable to keep her tears to herself. All that Tyrion could do was jump the shark and come give her a hug. The poor girl needed more than words at this moment and Tyrion found out that physical contact was actually very beneficial.. the only solution that brought actual comfort. So he did it. He hugged her and the two remained in their tight embrace until Bähaal calmed down.


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment