Saturday, July 23, 2022

Got (regular): you're family.


// sometimes it's good to think about something positive :) 



"I'd like to think of something pleasant, Lord Tyrion, rather than all the dread and fear that are already holding my heart hostage." -She whispered, her purple eyes focused on the balcony of her bedroom.-



"What do you mean princess? What do you want to talk about?" -Tyrion walked towards the table that sat in the middle of the room near her bed and poured two glasses of wine for them. She tilted her head to the side and gave him a soft smile.-


"I want to talk about... we keep thinking about the doom and gloom and how dreadful a romance between Jaime and me would be. I think I know, I know just how awful things could be. I don't need to be reminded of it, every single day. So...." -She tapped her fingers against her chin- "How about, we pick something lighter to talk about and imagine a good outcome?"


"A good outcome? Are you talking about a wedding?" -She bit her bottom lip and nodded. The princess grabbed her glass and slowly took a sip- "Uh... A wedding mmhh? Have you ever thought about being married someday?" -She shook her head and  twirled a few of her silver locks- "But you've thought about getting married to Jaime already?"


"Aye... I have thought about it. I hated men. All my life they used me. They hurt me. I tried to protect my heart as much as I could, hardening it so they wouldn't hurt me. I really couldn't believe that I would eventually find someone like your brother."


"Jaime really has that type of impact on people. Some love him, most hate him." -Tyrion grinned and took a sip of his wine. She was right, after all, it would be a good thing to talk about something else. It felt good to see the princess smile for a change.- "I am surprised, however, that you love my brother enough to imagine your wedding to him. Do you have an idea of the people you want to invite to the ceremony? or the dress you'd wear?"


Bäahal blushed and bit her bottom lip. She kept playing with her silver hair and nodded at his questions. Yes, she has thought about her wedding day. She had thought about the dress she could wear. She wanted a long flowery dress with lovely cleavage and a little cape. She wanted it to have some lace or maybe some crepe and she wanted to have large sleeves. Her hair would be braided and she would wear light make-up. She wanted to carry a bouquet. Her eyes lit up and she put her hair in front of her face and under her nose. She wanted Daenerys to attend, Jon, Tyrion, and Lady Kyra as well  She wanted her loved ones to be there, and if she could get a hold of Missandei, she wanted to have her friend by her side and had often wondered what she was up to.


"I fell in love with your brother and didn't realize it up until I found him at Highgarden. It took him cornering me for me to realize that, yes... I fell in love with him. Jaime is a man of many wonders. He's devoted to his family and would do anything for you. He is loyal and a man I can trust. I want to share my life with him, regardless of how dangerous it could be for me. I want to... I want the gods to be our witnesses because I swear on the gods, old and new that I cannot live without him." -She took another sip of her drink and sat on the chair next to Tyrion.- "I... Aye. I have. I want the ceremony to be very intimate with just the people I love. I just want to have my family by my side and you... Lord Tyrion, are my family."


He looked at her, eyes wide open as he didn't expect her to say those words. It was the first time that Bäahal actually told him she considered him to be like family. It made sense, however, for her to think so. Marrying Jaime would also mean welcoming his family and it would make Kyra and Tyrion her siblings-in-law. The thought made him smile because he remembered their beginnings and the fact they weren't trusting each other.  They became closer after a while, friends even but to be considered family? That was new... that made him feel warm. Bäahal gently grabbed his hand and smiled at him. She tilted her head to the side, her purple eyes set upon Tyrion's green ones.


"Family?" -He blinked, he didn't know how to react and he felt his heartbeats go faster-


"Yes. You are. I like to think that the wedding would definitely make it more official." -She said, confident, determined with that very stubborn face she always had on- "Are you... Okay with it?" -She questioned, her silver brow furrowed a little bit-


"it is... No. It is an honor, princess. I...I couldn't. We didn't have a very easy relationship, now did we? I was content to be at your service. I was content to be your friend. What you are asking is.. different. you want me to be your family?" -She nodded- 


"Yes! Yes, I do. We didn't have a good start but we both earned each other's trust and that's all that matters to me. Tyrion...Tyrion... Over the years you've truly become a powerful ally and a trustworthy friend, and now that I laced my destiny with Jaime's, you are effectively a brother." -She held onto his hand tighter and nodded quietly.- "You care about me and you've worked tirelessly in order to help me get back on my feet. I have been so lost and confused before."


And lost and confused she had been. Since the siege and her return to King's Landing, Tyrion watched as the princess felt distressed over the reaction of her sister regarding her blossoming relationship with his brother. He watched as she stayed in her room, refused to share lunch or dinner with her family, and wept the water out of her body. He watched as she slowly left her room and went on long walks in the garden. He watched as she slowly rekindled her relationship with her family. She convinced him that the love between Jaime and her was genuine and something worth defending. Each and every time, Tyrion gave her some advice. He supported her through her grief, pushed her to talk to her relatives again, and even took her to the dragons so she could ride again. Tyrion was instrumental in her recovery.  


"I care about you. You have it right, Bäahal. I care about you and I honestly feel honored that you consider me like a brother. I will treat you as such, on top of being your friend and counselor. What say you?"


" I agree with it. On top of it all, you will be my brother and as such... for the wedding, I would love for you to give a speech. You know me in ways not even Jon does. You know Jaime better than he does. I would be honored if you speak about us during the celebrations after the ceremony."


"I am already working on a speech. For what is worth, princess, this might even be the best wedding I'll ever attend. " -he paused and removed his hands so he could grab his glass again.- "Let's drink to this, shall we?"

"Let's drink to this." -She grabbed her glass and raised it before she emptied it.-

It felt strange but further strengthened the bond between Tyrion and Bäahal. they had quite a journey, these two. From distrust to blindly trusting each other, they have been through a lot, but Tyrion realized that Bâahal was this person who he treated like a sister despite her not sharing his blood. He was pleased to see that she thought the same, no, moved to see that she felt the same. It felt bittersweet, however, because as good as it was, the situation was uncertain still. Perhaps, a wedding would never happen. Perhaps, there would be one. All they could do was hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment