Saturday, July 30, 2022

Witchy hour: Hometown glory

// I miss these sweet buns!


Mary stared at her reflection in the mirror, her hair was wet from the shower she had just taken. Klaus had been away for quite some time, and while the witch was used to being alone again, she couldn't stop thinking about him. Was he alright? Did he need some help? She had no idea; honestly, she didn't really have the time to think about it. Elijah came to Mystic Falls and she had already met him three times. Damon had discovered her true nature and she knew that it only was a matter of time before Elena's gang all knew about her. She also felt that there was a shift in the air, something darker was coming her way. She felt that she had to be prepared. She thought that she had to expect anything to happen to her and be prepared for a fight, perhaps the biggest she would have to do. She ran her hand through her wet hair and walked toward the bedroom. She sat on the bed and looked at her phone and noticed it was ringing. The name on it made her blink as she didn't expect to hear from him after so long. She picked up the phone.


"H...Hi..." -She blushed but couldn't contain her smile. She heard the chuckle of the hybrid over the phone-


"Hello, love." -He grinned and walked circles in the hotel room he was staying in. It was just a temporary hide-out until he found an apartment.- "Did you miss me?"


"Klaus... I--" -She swallowed hard and decided to wait a little bit before she answered him- "Where are you?"


"I can't say but I am not back, I can tell you that much." -He furrowed his brows- "You sound off, Mary. What happened?"


"I have missed you." -She conceded that much. Her golden eyes averted from her knees to the wall in front of her. She started to swing her legs in a way to self-soothe-


"But?" -He furrowed his brows- "What. Happened?" -He repeated, catching her breathing becoming uneven all of a sudden.- 


She was trying to hold information from him, which didn't please the hybrid at all. He knew it was something that was affecting her and he didn't like the way she sounded. She had missed Klaus a great deal, far more than she had anticipated. She had wished to see him again, after a couple weeks away from him. Seeing Elijah after Klaus went on his way had caused her a great deal of emotional distress. Elijah noticed that something was different, something in her attitude. She was far more defiant and direct than the last time they met. She knew the truth because Klaus had decided to tell her and instead of devastating her like the Original thought it would, it became harder to charm his way into her heart. Elijah was looking for Klaus, but he also had an interest in the witch and he didn't want to lose the control he had over her. She was an asset, something that could help his family and he didn't want to lose her. It started off really badly because she told him off, even used her magic to push him away and that was still making the witch shake to this day. 


"I have...Elijah's here, Klaus. He's looking for you. He talked to me three times already and it never went well." -She finally said in one big breath.- 


"Did he hurt you?" -That was his first reply to her, ignoring the fact his brother was looking for him (because he always was), Klaus was concerned with Elijah trying to hurt Mary. His brother would not resort to physical violence but Elijah didn't need violence to hurt or coerce people.-


"He didn't. for now." -She paused, her voice broke and she found herself trying to muffle a sob with the warm palm of her hand- "He is looking for you and he won't leave me alone until he knows where you are. I... something else happened."


"What?" - "his voice was tight, he was worried. Why was he worried? that would have to wait later-


"Damon Salvatore found out I was a witch. He came to my shop, confronting me about you. He forced me to use my powers on him..." -She heard Klaus growl over the phone.-


Everything was right before the Salvatore brothers decided to get involved. Elijah was already very difficult to get rid of but to have the brothers interfere with both her safety and tranquility? He couldn't have that. Mary could handle herself, he knew that, but he still didn't like the idea of having her bothered by the Salvatore brothers. He knew she might have other secrets, other enemies, perhaps she was even running away from a threat he had no idea of. It wouldn't distract him from his own mission and he wouldn't stop what he was doing to go back to Mystic falls. Still... he was bothered. 


"Did he threaten you?"


"I can handle myself, Klaus. He tried but I gave him a taste of my power he's not going to forget any time soon. however... my cover is blown and I am very sure that Elena and her gang would very often stop by my shop."


"Still, love, you sound worried." -He pointed out. She rolled her eyes and used her magic to dry her hair.- "I don't like the sound of it."


"I am...because it's a lot to deal with at the same time. I.....There are way too many supernatural creatures in the same town. There are witches hunting me and they would find me, Klaus. I can handle the Salvatore brothers. I can handle Elena and her gang...I am not sure I can handle the creatures that are hunting me down at the same time as facing everybody and their mama." -She chuckled and clenched her fingers on her towel- "I don't want to leave Mystic Falls. I don't want to give up on my peaceful life here."


"I will be back sooner than you know." -he couldn't say more than these words. He wanted to come back and hold her in his arms. It was a lot to deal with, some mess she didn't need to deal with, all because people were looking for him- "Hold on, love."


"Klaus...." -He stroked his chin and grunted.-


"Yes?" -She took a deep breath and put one foot on the bed. she wrapped her free arm around her leg and leaned her forehead against her knee-


"I miss you. I had to say it out loud. I fucking miss you...SO.. whatever happens, please, come back like you promised me." -She pinched the bridge of her nose and pushed her forehead harder against her knee-


"I am a man of my word, Mary. I will come back to Mystic Falls." -And he would deal with Elijah and any other stupid people who would try to bother the witch.-


"Thank you. Whatever you're doing right now, I hope it goes according to your plan. Goodnight."


"Goodnight" -He hung up the phone.-


The witch pulled her other leg up and wrapped both arms around her legs. She actually felt relief after hearing the voice of the hybrid. She also realized that she was missing him far more than she anticipated and she wanted to see him again. She didn't speak about everything, partly because he might not have had the time to listen to her -he was in the middle of his business!- but she was also trying to keep her out of her bullshit, so he wouldn't feel overwhelmed with her issues. Klaus wasn't stupid, he knew that she was worried, the tone in her voice betrayed that much. Given her history, he realized that there were enemies of hers that might potentially find her and disturb her peace. He couldn't take the risk to leave her to deal with danger on her own. This pesky little witch had enemies she'd been trying to escape from over the centuries, but he didn't want her to also deal with his brother and the Salvatore brothers. Klaus was bothered, but he decided to focus on his mission first. He would be back to her very soon. He would. Would he? 


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment