Thursday, July 7, 2022

Oya and Dean Appreciation post: The broken birds

Oya and Dean Appreciation post: 


The badass hunters. Our tragic babies. Our broken birds. You said that Oya has saved Dean and you and It was the biggest compliment I have ever had from roleplay. Truth is, this pairing means the world to me because we became closer through writing them together. You opened up to me, explained me more about your past and some of the very nasty memories you had of writing Dean. You trusted me and I wanted nothing more but to protect you from all of the nasty things you’ve been through before. I wanted to because I’ve been there too. I love your Dean. I love how much you understand him. How much you care for this traumatized darling. Dean is a complex man. He’s been through hell (both literally and figuratively.) He’s suffered a lot and the fact he kept going, he kept trying to save the world, even when he couldn’t save himself is one of the reasons I can’t let go of him. He still is a good soul, despite all the shit he’s been through. This is something I can relate to. This is also the reason why I wanted your Dean to actually have someone to be there for him. Someone who can understand him. Someone who can help him too. 


I love writing solos about these two, where I show just how important they are for each other. They’ve been through so much and yet still were able to trust one another. Dean loves Oya as she is. He can take her little obsessions (ahem, the aprons and ugly sweaters). He can calm her down (and very few people can. ) He can take good care of her in ways nobody ever had. (the breakfasts and meals he cooks? The fact he patches her up after an intense hunt? The fact he plays the guitar for her at times? Or just the fact he trusts her and lets her be in charge?) He is the one who can appreciate her beauty, in an out and who doesn’t ask her to be who she isn’t. He didn’t want to mold her into someone else. He didn’t want her to reject her past or accommodate him. She is true. She is real. She is raw with him and he takes it and he gives back too. She fell in love with him and despite not being married or whatever, she considers them as her soulmate. He is her soulmate, her “husband” in acts and not legally. He is the soul she feels the most comfortable with. He is her everything. There is no world without Dean. There is no way she could live without him. 


Besides, yes, he’s hot! We know it! Oya knows it! She appreciates it! She lets him know it. Yes they are two broken people but they managed to build something over time and with trust. I can’t be prouder of them two. They can rely on each other and Oya trusts  Dean with her life. She’s been deceived before with words but with Dean, she can see through actions just how much he truly cares about her. He cares, he protects, he trusts her, and he gives her his true self. It is the best gift he could ever give her. I love that he can allow her to care for him, to unburden him from the weight of the world. He can peel off the layers of his armor with her and let her take care of him. Can you imagine that? Someone who can trust her with his most precious treasure? His heart? He trusted her when she wasn’t sure she could make someone happy. He let her love him when nobody did. He made her forget her guilt with his kindness and love. He helps her feel less self-conscious about her scars by kissing them.


I love that they care about each other. I love that they are here for each other. Oya would never leve him. She would never leave Team Free Will because they are her family. I am so happy for her, to have found them and him. I am so happy because she can be herself with all of them. She can be caring, mothering (she does mother Castiel and Sam at times), sexy, stubborn, and full of life with them. Dean had seen her in her worst moments and he’s still there and I have never thought I could write in this universe and yet here I am. Writing these two darlings I Love more than I can say. Here I am, loving them because of what they embody for me. You trusted me with Oya. You trusted me as a friend. We managed to write these two and no matter how long it is before they come back, I know they are loving each other and kicking monsters’ asses somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment