Thursday, July 7, 2022

Witch!Mary/ Asma x Klaus appreciation post : The Witch and the Hybrid

 (Witch) Mary/ Asma x Klaus: 


This one is going to be shorter than the rest of them, mostly because we haven’t had the  opportunity to write as much with the two of them but we have written quite a bit so I can at least say something about them. I love all of our phases, you know? The “let’s muse about the possibilities” to “let’s write them down” to “We’re on a break but we’re thinking about what could come next.” You’re right about something, they prove to us that we never miss.  No matter the universe, we just click, and we have so much fun writing together. It’s us. It’s us at our finest when our brains are colliding and creating something extraordinary. I love writing with you. So much. I love to have you as my writing partner because we are having so much fun. I didn’t expect to have Klaus speak to you like this. He just came through and I love how you write him. He's just so natural, and so real and so raw and you make me want to see more of him. I love that my witch can trail-off mid-sentence. I love how KLaus makes her lose her mind. -She's a bit obsessed with him, isn't she?- I love how he can make her feel a lot of emotions, from anger to joy, to desire- I love that he surprises me and Mary/ Asma any chance he gets. He is surprising, charming, charismatic and damn sexy!  I didn’t expect us to be writing in this universe. I have tried so many times with my witch and it never really clicked before. The Damon, the Klaus or even the Stefans I wrote with were  very superficial and didn’t really care about the characters. It was way too easy for them because they thought “hey, they’re hot, we can have all the girls with just being hot.” Type of writers. You're not like this, and you will never be like this so of course we can have fun. 


Yet, we started to muse, and they started to speak to us both in such a strong way. I love them already. I love Klasma (the name sounds so good in French). I love their chemistry. It just hit me like  a brick. You understand Klaus. Just like Dean, he is a complex character. One with more than just one layer and you can bring that out of him. I get to see the nuance I crave in characters. I get to see him express joy, fun, anger,  and I love him even when he’s cold and doesn’t feel anything. He… he honestly is amazing and the way you write him is amazing and makes me want to see more of him and more of them. I love that Klasma is not conventional. She’s a witch, cursed at that with eternal life, cursed to feel pain when she’s upset or anything negative, cursed to share the same weaknesses as vampires, werewolves and witches. She’s been alone for so long and the irony of her to find some sort of kinship in the person she used to hate before isn’t lost on me. She can understand part of what Klaus went through. She can understand him and can take the time to listen to him. She genuinely wants to know him better  and is already missing him. I love how you can bring any character of mine out of her shed. You can make them exist, and you can make me excited about it. About what we can write together. I love that they’re not conventional and that they can actually become a great story. After all, they are two cursed people who have been alone for quite some time, who don’t believe that they can be loved, who have lost everything and are in desperate need for being seen as who they are. I love that they’re going to try and give themselves a chance at being happy. If they can go past their nature. If they can welcome their differences, their traumas, their temper.  God, I love them so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment