Friday, July 1, 2022

Klasma: A matter of trust

// Welp, these two babies. Gotta write a little bit about them and the way they trust each other. 


xxxxx


"How does one trust Klaus Mikaelson? How could this be a concept? I don't know. I just do. Klaus and I have a very complicated relationship. He slaughtered my family and I have suffered a lot from this. I guess immortality truly made me reflect on life, on him, on what he was going through when he killed my family. Immortality helped me understand him better than I could ever imagine. It helped me see him for who he really was. He's a man who loves his family. He's a man in pain. He's a man who is utterly alone. He pushes people away, including his own family because he doesn't see himself as being the same. Technically he isn't really the same. He's a hybrid. He's something more. something more volatile, more powerful, and definitely harder to control. I know of the shame he felt. I know of the solitude and the madness you could feel when there is nothing or no one around. I know how it is to desire acknowledgment, love, and care. I know how it is to wish for others to see us not as monsters, but as people. 


How does one trust Klaus Mikaelson? I don't know. I just do. Klaus has been sincere and true to me from the moment we met. He never minced his words with me. He never lied to me. At least, until now. I trust him when we are together. I trust his eyes the most because they never lie. When he's angry they turn gold. When he's upset, they turn gold. He can't control their intensity, so I always know when he's calm, happy, or angry. I always know when I look at him because his eyes never lie. He doesn't need to hide how he feels, he wears his emotions up on his sleeves. I believe in the way he treats me. He treats me like a person, not a witch, not a cursed person, not an abomination. I am just Mary to him. I am just that girl who enjoyed spending time with him. I am just someone who is interested in him. I don't see the hybrid, I don't see the monster when I look at him. I only see Klaus. He trusts me, enough at least to have me next to him. He trusts me and because he does, I trust him too. He's gone but he promised me that he would be back. I know he would be. I trust him. "



No comments:

Post a Comment