Thursday, April 27, 2017

Dean and Oya: We are home

ALL USUAL DISCLAIMER: following Dreamcatcher! Feel the cheese!

xxx xxx

I love sleeping next to Dean. He doesn't quite know how much I do and I think I won't let him know. He already knows about the nightmares I have every night and I am grateful he understands them. Sure, I slipped underneath his sheets and snuggles up against him to find some comfort and feel safe and most of the time it works. I don't kick him out of the bed.
But there is more to just using him as my dreamcatcher. There is more to it and I know it deep inside. there is this warmth I feel in my heart, this serenity I feel when we're both sleeping next to one another that I can't really describe. I feel at home when I'm sleeping next to Dean. I feel like I belong there and for a brief moment in the whole hard day we had, I feel like nothing bad can happen to any of us. it's comforting and sweet and I swear I'm turning into these 16 years old romantic teenagers but it's the truth. I feel content, I feel.. rested.
I like when he's the one spooning me because when he does, I feel protected but I love it more when I'm spooning him because then I can see his relaxed face and I can stroke his cheek and kiss his forehead. I can keep him close and keep him safe too; my sweet Dean. My little dickhead. My stubborn hunter. I can keep him close and make him forget about the weight of the world he carries on his shoulders and it makes me feel good you know? It really does.
I'm probably being sentimental here, but I do feel at home next to him. I feel like we're in our bubble and that nothing would ruin it, except maybe a monster trying to kill us. I want to preserve this you know? to keep it the way it is, make it a good habit where Dean and I can feel grounded and appeased. I've not felt that way for years since Fabrice died and to be this close again to a man might be a little dangerous but I'm not asking for anything if not just to be alive so I could look forward to this moment in time.
when nothing else matters because we're safe
When nothing else exists because we're home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment