Monday, April 17, 2017

Oya and Dean : Dreamcatcher

A/N: I needed something tender. Sunday surely has started like a fool but ended up nicely! I love these two more than I care to admit! More than I care to admit!All usual disclaimers

Xxxxxxxx


Dean and Sam came back from a rather exhausting hunt. The older brother had a few bruises on his chest but nothing too serious. Nothing Dean couldn't handle. After Sam and he parted for the night and he got to grab a quick hot shower to clean himself off. He didn't receive any message from Oya, which was unusual for the hunter who would keep in touch with both the brothers. He didn't know what she was doing, how she was doing and for a moment it bothered him. Dean was a man of habits and since she arrived, Oya did bring new habits. He was used to getting a dozen of texts from her asking if they were alright, keeping him informed about her hunt and that she was okay and of course sending him risqué pictures of herself or sexy audios to keep him « sharp » as she called it. It became so much of a habit that when she didn't do it, Dean was sure something was wrong. The shower was a fast one, just enough to get clean and ready for a good night of sleep. He craved some beer too, so he went fetching himself some he brought to his bedroom. She wasn't in his room either, which made him furrow his brows. If there was a place one would find Oya if they were looking for her, it would be her room or his. She took a habit of slipping into his bedroom at night so she could have a decent sleep. At first, he was surprised but she told him that she couldn't sleep on her own and needed the comforting presence of someone next to her without going into too many details. He couldn't blame her, he had his fair share of nightmares and worst fears playing in his mind over and over again. So it didn't bother him that she came and snuggled with him for the night. As a matter of fact, it quickly became a habit and he was looking forward to her coming into his room to sleep next to him... but she didn't.

Dean fell asleep after some time, but some mere 4 hours later, he woke up again due to the bed is empty. He could get on with it under different circumstances. He did it before and was still doing it now, but not when he was at home and Oya was supposed to be home. He took his phone and searched for her last text telling him that she was going to lay low for a while at the bunker and would wait for their return. It was some 4 days ago. Grunting and upset, the older Winchester grabbed a knife and walked into Oya's bedroom to check on her. It was empty but it also was the first time he entered her room. Oya was rather sober as there was no picture at all for him to look at, nothing but her weapons. Her guns, her blades and some of her bike pieces she repaired during her down times. He sat and found a note she wrote about him. He didn't like to prey and would rather leave it unread, but he couldn't resist and took the paper for a quick read.

« About Dean Winchester,

Ah, Mom and Dad, you'd like him I think. He's this guy who always gives to others. He's doing his best to do good in this world. He's fearless even though he's afraid. Isn't it what makes a great hunter Dad? Someone who cares enough to know it's risky but does it anyway for the sake of others. That's Dean in a nutshell. He doesn't know everything about my nightmares, how intense they are, how terrible they are, how guilty they make me feel. He doesn't know how much he appeases me. I have found the best sleep by his sides. He's like a dream catcher you know? Nothing bad can happen whenever I'm with him.He doesn't know....I think it's for the best. He's a good man and I wish you could have met him. Being with him and Sam is what holds me together, otherwise, I'd fall apart. I care about him... but I can't become a burden and I certainly can't lose him either. I'm in that tight spot where I want to leave because I think he deserves a better friend than me, one with less of a mess...but I want to stay because I care about him and Sam...I need them. My nightmares now include him, especially him. I dream that I'm losing him either physically because he's reckless.. either I lose his affection and he turns on me. For four days I kept losing him and it's driving me crazy, now I can't go to him and check if he's real or if it's in my head right? I need some time alone to think, some company to seek and make me stop having nightmares, maybe a woman just so it doesn't feel awkward, one who isn't into me otherwise, I might end up having sex with her, I'm needy... Ah.. I digress. I haven't slept in like four days, so maybe tonight is the night.

Ps: I know it's soon mom's death anniversary and this year I won't be able to travel home to pay my respect, but I'll manage to arrange something here. You are always with me. I miss you so much. »

He put the paper back where he found it and found himself confused by the words. They were clear though. She liked him, it was written all over this piece of paper but it also provided information he wasn't sure how to process. She left town because she had nightmares involving him and maybe that was why she didn't contact him for four days in a row? He scratched the back of his head, unsure of how to react to it since she said he was a good man. Why did she keep thinking he was good? Why did she keep thinking he was this flawless superhero who couldn't do wrong? Okay, maybe that was not really the case. She never thought of him as a saint but she did say he was good. His heart raced into his ribcage and he sat on her bed for a minute to gather his thoughts. He checked on his phone and yet again, it was silent. Should he text her? Should he check on her? It wasn't necessary, he felt someone walking towards the bedroom and looked up only to see Oya with her arms crossed over her chest, lean against the front door. She was still looking gorgeous with a shirt of his on and a bottle of water in her hand. She looked exhausted and didn't bother to hide it from the hunter who blinked and cleared his throat.


« I was errr checking on you Oya. You didn't text, you didn't call or leave me a voice message so I got a lil' worried. » He said with his usual nice grin. He was playing it safe but didn't know what embarrassed him more. That he admitted he was worried if she caught him in her bedroom?

« ... » Oya stared at him for a minute which seemed like an eternity before she moved towards him. « It's alright. I appreciate that. »

« Yeah? » He scratched the back of his neck and watched as she planted herself in front of him. His eyes quickly went up and took in her frame merely hidden beneath the thin fabric of his shirt, underneath the shirt, she wore a skin-tight dress since the shirt wasn't buttoned. It made him gulp but he kept his grin on.

« Yeah.... » He could tell she had cried, her eyes were red and puffy from the tears she shed but he decided to go smoothly about it. Her hazel eyes stared into his blue ones and she gave him a sheepish smile, mixed with some relief. Dean looked up to her face and instinctively wrapped his arm around her waist. She first stiffened and tried to resist being pulled over by him, but went with it as he pulled her closer to his frame. Oya looked down to his face and cupped his cheek. « I am glad you're safe. » She managed to say, eyes still not dry.

« I'm the best there is at what I do and what I do is hunting. I managed well today. I came back. »

« Wolverine is better at his job than you are at yours. » She teased him, sticking her tongue out and exposing her piercing that Dean found enticing.

Both knew their comics and he liked that he could make a random reference to them and she would know what he was talking about. He brought his other arm around her waist and kept her in a nice embrace. He wasn't that much of a touchy-feely kind of guy, quite the opposite but whenever she had a nightmare -or they had sex for that matter- Dean didn't mind touching her. He knew by the letter he read that she was feeling vulnerable. If not by the nightmares she kept having, by the fact it was her mother's anniversary very soon. Oya couldn't be on her own for he didn't know how she behaved during such trying times. He would drown his sorrow with alcohol but she might just be reckless and he wanted to keep an eye on her and make her safe. Oya's heart was racing in her ribcage. He was close, dangerously close and she still tried not to grow more and more attached to him. Castiel words were still echoing through her head and despite him trying to make her forget he ever said these, Oya was stubbornly thinking he was right and she shouldn't even be there. But how could she resist Dean? How could she resist his arms around her frame and the concern in his eyes? How could she reject him because she didn't feel worthy? It was a grey area, everything about Dean was and she knew she shouldn't even think about it because it might take her to a path she didn't want to walk. Yet here she was finally allowing a hand to cup his cheek and stroke it gently while Dean chuckled at her quick banter.

« Wolverine's got nothing on me! It's not because you have the hots for the hairy douchebag that you have the right to say he's better than me. »

« I can live with him being better at my job. » She said with a coy smile on her lips while her hand still stroked his cheek. « Dean... »

« You look exhausted Oya. » He finally said it. She chewed on her bottom lip and nodded quietly. «Is there anything I can do? » Dean offered. He wasn't great at talking big speeches or trying to be all sly like Sam was. He wanted to address her nightmare issues, have her talk but he didn't think she needed to hear that this very night. She sought comfort and given how exhausted -in the wrong way- she came back, he realized she might not have found it but she was reluctant to rely on him once again.

« I---I don't know. » She answered, as she closed her eyes briefly. He felt so good against and she mind-absently put her hands over his shoulders. « I don't want to-- Y—You've been doing enough already for me. I—I should handle it on my own. »

« I don't mind. I don't mind you sleeping next to me. » He said with his signature grin. It confused the African hunter who pursed her lips and then lifted her brows. Her hands ran over his neck, sending shivers down his spine and she simply quietly pulled him into a hug. He didn't say a word, instead, his eyes just awkwardly shifted while his hands held her tighter. Oya kept him close to her frame, literally crushing his face against her soft breasts, but he ignored it to focus on the fact she was just giving him a hug. He could feel her heartbeats and noticed they were as fast as his, if not faster. « Oya. »

« I thought I was losing you. I kept seeing you die in front of me over and over again. I shouldn't feel so scared to lose you. I shouldn't feel so worried about you when you go hunting with Sam. You've done this before and you'll do this tomorrow. It's just. losing you.. hearing you say horrible things to me is.. too. Much. » She confessed, while he pushed himself further into the mattress and her onto his lap so she would straddle him instead. Oya complied without saying a word. She found herself sitting on his lap. Dean kept her close to his frame, his hand rubbing over her back as to appease her. He noticed she still was reluctant and was searching his gaze and staring at his very reaction as if he was going to run away but he wouldn't. Not now. Not ever.

« You're not losing me. I ain't gonna die soon and I don't quit easily. You gotta have to do your worst for that to happen. »

« You don't want to see my worst. » She whispered, still stiff against his frame. Her hands were still on his shoulder but she ran it up his neck, stroking the sensitive skin there. It wasn't a sensual touch, despite it giving Dean goosebumps. She just always mind-absently lost her fingers on his neck and the back of his head. Always to massage his scalp when they were sleeping. Dean closed his eyes and smirked to himself.

« I have seen the worst Oya. Nothing you can do could top it. I am not afraid. » He then looked up to her face and cupped her chin. « I am not afraid of you. Never was, never will be okay? So cut that crap about you being hard to handle or evil or whatever you had in mind. I'm here 'cause I want to. I ain't leaving until I'm sure you're okay. »

She worriedly looked into his eyes but slowly relaxed against his frame as he kept rubbing her back. Strangely enough, his words really helped her feel much better and she nodded quietly. She wanted to say she was afraid. He might not be but she couldn't help herself. She could still lose him, it wasn't impossible. She could still hurt him and given how guilty she felt for making him feel unwanted last time, she was careful this time. Castiel prevented her from leaving a couple of time, thinking that she shouldn't let fear dictates her life and leaving would hurt everyone more than she thought it would. So when he told her not to be afraid, the African hunter nodded and hugged him tightly instead of speaking her real thoughts.

« I guess so...You're stubborn Deannie. » She chuckled as he pushed himself further back into her bed and laid on his side.

« You know I hate this nickname you gave me? » He said with another grin on his face. She was warming up to him, although he still felt how worried she still was. He tucked some hair behind her ear and leaned his forehead against hers.

« I do, but I love this nickname. » She grinned and patted his cheek with her hands. « I get a free pass because I'm cute! » She chuckled and rubbed her nose against his.

« You are cute. » He conceded, his hand still rubbing her back. « You don't get a free pass, though. »

« Dean! You're unfair! Besides, we're on my bed so we should maybe go back to your room? » She asked since she didn't know if he would feel comfortable not being in his room. He shook his head and planted a kiss on top of her head.

« I'm good.  We can sleep here. I'll watch upon your dreams. » He sounded serious and she didn't look up to his face to check if he meant it or not. His tone made it clear that he took it very seriously. Oya was in distress even though she refused to say so and he wanted her to sleep and go back to being her regular self. He wanted to know she was safe and she felt good. He didn't have much power in everything else in his life but if a small gesture could help do good, anything good, then he would do it. He would make it good.

« You really are a good man Dean. I don't know what I'd do without my dreamcatcher. »

« Well, you could for example. »


He didn't finish his sentence since he heard her steady breathing. She fell asleep in his arms, quite fast for the hunter who ended up smiling and petting her hair. She was relaxed against his body, warm and soft but more importantly, at peace. He fell asleep sometime later after he had a good thought about the note he read and the words she said. She brought new habit into his life, habits he never thought he would even want to have, but not having her around, not hearing from her confused him and he didn't want it to happen anytime soon. The irony of it all was that she was the one worried something might happen to him when he was the one confused and worried up until he came home and went into her room. He couldn't tell her as explicitly as she told him and even this had been a struggle for her to say, may be precipitated by the fact she was sleep deprived for four days. He didn't know. All he knew when he fell asleep was that she was safe and sound and back into his arms sleeping peacefully. That was a habit he could live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment