Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Soa: you can't be family

SoA: you can't be family 

A/N: He said no.

Xxxx

"Is she even safe Alex?" 

Her voice tore open the silence that had settled in their room. None of them were able to sleep that night, mostly because the tattoo artist could not. She would wake up, walk around, sit down and sketch some tats, go back to their bedroom and the constant movement achieved to wake up Tig and keep him awake. 

"She is..."

"How do you know? She doesn't answer my text anymore. She doesn't even answer jax'"

"Bella... I can't really.." -He paused and watched as she turned on her side to have a better look at him. She was upset, he could tell by the way her jaw was tight. "What?..."

"You can tell me the truth, Tig..." she said, chewing at her bottom lip. "I want to know everything. I need to know everything." 

He sat on the bed, unsure of what she was trying to say. She wanted to know everything? She wanted to embrace his life? Become his old lady? He was confused because she was making a 360 and he didn't know why she changed so suddenly. He was fine with how things were. When she was out of danger, clueless about what he was doing. He was fine when she was just learning how to use a gun so she could protect herself. But she was asking for more and he wasn't sure she was ready for it. 

"No." He dryly said. 

The smile that had crept on her lips vanished as soon as he refused and prompted her to sit on the bed with him. What? Why? Why was he rejecting her request? She felt her chest heave up and down at a fast pace, her cheeks turned red and her eyes were wide open as she was slowly getting overwhelmed. 

"What the fuck?" -she groaned -

"I said no."

"Un-fucking-believable!"  She stood up and put her hands on her waist. "You keep saying we are ride or die. You keep saying you love me and when I finally decide to embrace all of you, you reject me? Why don't you want me to know the truth about your business? Why?"

"I told you what happened to those I love. The deaths? The blood? The danger? I want none of that for you!"

His eyes were wide open, his voice cracked at his own words but he was angry. Angry because  she wanted to know parts of his life he didn't want to show. Angry because she was willing to throw herself in the grinder and throw away the blissful ignorance she was living in. Angry because it reminded him of how much pain he already had in his life. The loss he suffered from. Why did she want that? 

"I can decide for myself! I can choose to know or not what your life is about! I can't live in the shadows anymore! I need to embrace everything about you and jess. She's family TIG! She is FAMILY! But she can't be if I don't know what she's doing! So please..." -her voice broke as fast as her heart skipped several beats.


"No..." 

"You can't be family if I don't know the truth..." 

"Bella..."

She grabbed the sheets and wrapped them around her waist before she left the bedroom. He didn't understand and refused to understand. And what was supposed to be a good night ended up as an angry one. 


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment