Monday, July 16, 2018

COPG: of love

(Elpis)
"I have dealt with heartbreaks in the past, moments of doubt, moments when I wanted to destroy the world because of the inner turmoil I was experiencing. I have had my heart stomped, my love thrown back at my face, mocked even. I have dealt with torment, jealousy, fear, and violence. Before I met him.
I made my choice. A conscious choice when I chose him. He wasn't perfect, probably the worst choice I could have made. He was a threat to my own people, a weapon as they called him. He did hurt me, at times, because he couldn't grasp the intensity of how I felt for him. Yet, I still chose him. I can still hear them call me a fool, a lunatic, a naive gullible pretty little thing but they couldn't understand. I chose Him because he was true. He was true to himself, true to me. He wasn't smoke and mirror, he was real and he learned and he grew. And I learned, and I grew. and he never tried to shape me into what he wanted me to be, nor did I try to shape him into a more suitable suitor. We were who we were, we grew together....until that was taken away from us."



No comments:

Post a Comment