Monday, July 30, 2018

Magicians AU: Viktor to Lucretia

The most powerful spells are the silent ones. The ones you cast not with your mouth but with your heart. We always believe that chants or wands are what make magic but I now know that we are not told everything. You cast a spell on me the minute I saw your face. You don't believe me when I say you took my breath away. And yet it's true. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw you. The rich pink locks, the bright smile of yours, that natural beauty you have that draws me to you. You don't believe me when I let my tongue roll on your name, and you say I only see what's outside. Maybe you're right. I do not know what true love is, angel, I only know what they taught me of it. I know the words, I know seduction. I know how to make them sweat and faint at the mere gaze of mine. I know how to make them squirm for my hands are experts. I know how to make them fall in love with me, for my tongue knows the language of Love but it's all a masquerade. Superficial. You were the first one to call me out on my behavior. I was the Casanova of Twilight Town after all. I am...Still.

So what do I do, my dear Lucretia? When you forced me to cut the act and break my walls? What do I do, my dove, when I am forced to look into myself and see the real me? What do I do? When all I want to do is run away from myself? I have a legacy, I come from a prestigious family and I do not want the burden of the occupation on my shoulders. I do not want to be like my father, I don't feel I owe anything to the city. So yes, I lie, I cheat, I run away and I fight. Yes, I seduce and I break hearts, yes I hide my fear underneath my ennui. Is it so easy to spot on, Lucretia? Am I such an easy man to read? You truly are beautiful, but I am starting to see that it has nothing to do with how you look but the quiet strength about you. Much like Eleonor, you are more than what meets the eye. Much like my cousin, you certainly hide treasures. Much like me, you certainly hide from something. I want you to look at me with the same eyes I am looking at you but for the first time in my very short life, I would have to make actual efforts to earn your trust. I get it, I get it, I'm a child in a man's body. Well, what better proof of my affection than actually grow up? What say you? Lucretia? What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment