Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Pride and Asma: this isn't a goodbye

"This isn't a goodbye, This is a new beginning.

We knew from the beginning that it would not have been the story of a lifetime, but just a moment between the two of us. It would have been you, looking after me until you could save the goddess I hosted within me. It would have been me, enduring you being absent for a very long period of time, enduring solitude, enduring the inner conflict within me. It would have been me fighting against the goddess who wanted nothing more but to tear me apart for being close to you... closer even.

This isn't a goodbye, this is a new beginning. I know you will wipe my mind the minute I fall asleep. I know we're on borrowed time here but I made peace with it, with not being able to remember you. Truth to be told, this might have been the most merciful act you've ever done and if I was the one who made you act kindly towards a human, then you are capable of being so much more than just evil. My initial assessment of you wasn't that wrong. I can take it proudly, even if I won't be the one to notice it.

We're on borrowed time, so that means, tonight it's all about you and me. It's all about us and the smiles and the grins and the moans and the shivers you send down my spines. It's all about closing this story so you can begin a new one. A better-suited one with a better-suited mate.

I wish I could say I would never forget you, but I'd be lying. I wish I could say I would forever carry you with me, but I'd be lying. I know, however, that somehow, I will be a different person now that Hope has returned to our plane of existence and you... you, my love, awoke.

This is not a goodbye, this is a new beginning. A new one for you and for me but tonight, it's all about now. about us. So let's celebrate."

No comments:

Post a Comment