Friday, March 12, 2021

Doya Mood piece – Free will.

Doya Mood piece – Free will.



« How does it work? The free will I mean. For so long I strongly believed that we were the architects of our own lives. I believed that we were responsible for the success and failure we faced but maybe I was wrong? When you told me that our whole lives were written by Chuck, that he was the one who decided whether or not you'd live, succeed or fail, I was devastated. The slaughter of my family, which I thought was a misfortune, ended up being plotted by the one above us. The demise of the Asanbosam, the fact you prevented me from dying a stupid death...All of this was nothing but a game played by Chuck?



How does it work uh? Free Will that is. Do you suddenly stand up and decide that you had enough and from this day to the end of times, you'd be the only one in charge of your destiny? That your choices would be yours and not Chuck's? I remember how skeptical I was when you first introduced me to Team Free Will and what you were trying to accomplish. I started to question my emotions for you, fearing that they might have been a byproduct of Chuks' infatuation with Sam and you. I remember talking to Castiel, who ended up comforting me in my choice to love you.



After all, these were our choice, you've already confronted Chuck about his intrusion in your lives and you've already lost your plot armor and favoritism. You became regular characters, so my love for team Free Will was genuinely mine. The love I felt for Dean was genuinely mine too and the decisions I took, good or bad, were honestly just mine. Everything we've lived together wasn't a lie or a forced plot point. It was our truth and the life we built together in the past ten years was a life we chose to lead. However, this made me think.





The decisions I made after I discovered the truth was probably the most powerful decisions I've ever made. Can you believe it, Dean? I chose to stay with you, to hunt with you, to makes this life with you three mine. I chose to go on an adventure and risk my life every night because I wanted to. I chose you. I still fancy myself thinking that I would always have chosen you, even if I didn't have the choice, but it's bitching to think that I was even stronger than Chuck. I chose you without any artifices, any lie, any convoluted plot to make you fall in love again. And I survived all of this. I'm still alive, no horrific ending, although I had close calls. And you survived all of this, with a couple new scars, but not enough to endanger your life. Our love is real, it's strong -stronger than time and gods-, it's OURS. »

No comments:

Post a Comment