Friday, March 12, 2021

Sam and Oya : You're my brother.

 

Sam and Oya: You're my brother.



A/N : A phone conversation between Sam and Oya when Oya was hunting alone. Post-Pluto.



XXXX



Small town near Lawrence, gas station 11 AM



Oya's bike wheel flattened a few kilometers before she reached the town. Fortunately for her, it was close enough for her to walk her bike to the nearest gas station and pump the bike full of air. Her phone rang at this exact moment, which had her take it off of her pocket and look at the name of the caller. « BOOKWORM » was written all over her phone, a cute nickname she gave Sam Winchester when she first arrived at the bunker. A soft smile graced her features and she took the call.



« Bookworm!  What's up? »



« Hey, O. Well, listen, I just wanted to check on you. » -He said, stroking the tip of his nose-



« You... I'm fine, Sam. » -Her response was a knee-jerk reaction.-



« Then why did you leave the bunker alone? You're working on a case ? » -She could tell he was worried, given the way he said this sentence, it came out almost like a growl, which sent shivers down Oya's spine. The petite hunter groaned-



« Are you going to lecture me? Because if you are, I hung up the phone. » -Another knee-jerk reaction to Sam being worried.-



As a matter of fact, this would have been hilarious if it wasn't so tragic. Oya would have been a hypocrite to deny Sam his fear of losing her again. Not so long ago she was on the floor, her body carved open by the pagan god Pluto. Not so long ago she would have died if Dean hadn't sent Castiel to her rescue and if the angel had come one second too late. It was a matter of luck, and Oya wasn't really exactly Domino from the x-men, she was running thin of Luck these days. She narrowed her gaze and rolled her head. Sam, on the other side of the phone, was frustrated with Oya's cavalier attitude regarding her near-death experience. He knew it was her putting on a brave mask for herself and the others, pretending that everything was fine when they weren't. He knew it was her trying to convince herself that she could still hunt and wasn't traumatized by the recent event. As a matter of fact, the ebony hunter second-guessed her trip out of the bunker, she wasn't ready, it was obvious to anyone who took a look at her, but Oya pretended that she was. So Sam's call awoke her fears and had her curl her free hand's fingers into a fist.



« I'm not trying to fight you Oya, nor lecture you. How many times did Dean and I fall into your shoes? We've always hidden our true feelings from one another, always pushed through pain and trauma, and look where it led us. I don't want you to-- »



« I'm not like you! » Oya ended up growling. « I haven't saved the world, I don't have a big destiny as you two have. I haven't been chosen by two archangels to fight for the fate of the world nor did I even encounter the actual king of Hell... I'm not like you... I'm not a chosen one, I'm just me, regular old me who was almost killed by a fucking pagan god! » She lashed out. « So yeah! I left the bunker. Yeah! I took my stupid bike! Yeah, I'm stuck in a town with a flat tire! I KNOW! I know... I know I'm not okay! » She ended up yelling before she ran her hand through her heavy black curls and bit her bottom lip. « I'm sorry Sam... I just didn't expect you'd call that's all. »



« I tend to call when I'm the least expected. » -He joked a little, making her chuckle a little bit.- « It's nice to hear you laugh. »



« You're silly.. » she chuckled and gently leaned the phone onto her shoulder. « But it's good to hear from you. I'm sorry I bailed on you. I needed to prove to myself that I wasn't broken by my last encounter. » She admitted, as she looked at the tire being pumped. « But now that you've called me, I don't know what to do. »



« Come home? »' -He suggested, holding his breath for her response.- « I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life, O. I'm just...I just want you to be home that's all. »



« Why is that? » She asked, her voice slightly broke by the sudden rush of emotions that crept in her heart. « Why are you... why do you want me to go home? »



« Because I need to see you. I have been away a lot these past couple of months and while it was nice to talk to you over the phone, I was hoping we could spend some time together. » he stroked his nose. « Dean's not really talkative as you can imagine. »



« Uh ?.....Is this about Eileen? Are you finally asking this girl out? » She teased him, knowing full well that he wasn't calling her to get some relationship advice. However, the chuckle didn't last long and she moistened her lips before adding in a still cracked voice. « I should stop joking around. You quickly left once Castiel brought me home. It was as if you couldn't stand looking at me. »



« I had a hard time yeah. I felt relieved that you weren't dead, but then, it became overwhelming so I left. » He said, interspersing his voice with small grunts. « I could have lost you. We all could have lost you. »



« I know. I don't know how to deal with it. It's not the first time I almost die. When we met you and I, you rescued me from a vampire nest. They would have killed me, so many closed calls... I could have died the night I got the scars on my arms, all because I was reckless and enraged. I could have died... when that fucking creature took my face and body and confessed their affection to Dean.. my affection to him... my love. » She took a deep breath. « Then the werewolves, and so on and so on until this bastard took me out. I should have been dead by now and the fact I am not and the fact Castiel healed me almost to my best health? I felt that I got cheated in the recovery process you know? »



« There's the anger inside... I know the feeling. Lucifer got me you know? He killed me too. There's the emptiness you feel inside, and the injuries that took your life hurt like Hell too. Always...There's the anger, and there's the pain that never fully goes away. »



« And the loneliness... and the fear of leaving those we love behind. I fucking love you three. I was crying because I didn't want to leave you behind, I didn't want to die. » -Unlike the brothers, if she died and unless someone played with her body, she would be dead for good. She would be unable to be with them until their last breath.-



« You quickly get over it, once you've tried Death. » -Another joke, because Sam could feel that she was about to cry again. Oya swallowed those tears like she swallowed the pain. She simply shook her head. « Oya, I left because I couldn't stand the idea that someone hurt you this bad. It reminded me of Charlie and Kevin all over again. » He said with a sigh, leaning against the table of the war room at the MOL bunker.



« I'm sorry... » She sobbed, wiping her tears off of her face. « It's not what I wanted. I love Dean. I am in love with him, yeah. I love Castiel and I love you. You're my brother Sam. You're my brother. » She said, biting back a sob.



« Then come home, Oya! Come home. »



He said, his tone betraying the desire he had to see her again. He had been worried for the young woman, understandably so. And wished for her safe return until they are sure she's doing alright since the last attack she'd suffered. He knew his brother Dean would not be alarmed by what Oya did because he would have done the very same. However, he also knew that Dean was worried for her and wouldn't tell anyone about it. So Sam took it upon himself to reach out to Oya and reason with her. Oya considered his words and as the tire was almost ready she finally agreed to come home before hanging up the phone.



-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment