Saturday, March 27, 2021

MOET: Love Grows

Love Grows,



I don't believe in love at first sight, such a thing doesn't exist for me.

I believe love takes time and it's both a certainty and a constant discovery.

I believe that love grows, and it has to be nurtured over time.

I grew to love the sweet smile you have when you don't assume your next joke.

I grew to love the sparkle of passion in your eyes when you're talking about films.

I grew to love you in spite of the stubbornness you sometimes showcase.

It's a long process, I see it now.


I surprise me, thinking of you at the most uncanny times,

I would make a sandwich and wish you were there to taste it with me.

I would find myself thinking of the feeling I have when you stroke my arm.

I would plan future trips with you, to the museum, to the stadium, anywhere really.

Because all I would see would be the smile on your face as we get there.

All I would think of would be the warmth of your embrace and yours heartbeats.

It's a long process, I see it now.



Love grows, Love takes time. It's an endless hike when you think of it.

Love slowly fills up your heart, and in a blink of an eye you've built something.

You've built a home inside someone else's heart, they've built theirs inside you too

They anchor you to this world, center you in this life, and chose you too.

I guess that's the beauty of it, to have someone who trusts you this much too.

Love grows, Love takes time and I could never imagine my life without you.

From those annoying little things I ended up loving too, to the things I love you for.



You're my ordinary extraordinary other half and I love that about you.

I love the fact you see me too, the real me, the one a very few know.

You're my extraordinary ordinary Love, the one who can make everyday life a movie

A quiet adventure, or a safety blanket at times, you're my everything.

Love grows, Love takes time and I am glad we took what we needed.

I love that our texts turned into long phone calls -yes, phone calls I avoid at all cost-

I love that our long phone calls turned into me staying with you, sleeping next to you.


I didn't believe in love at first sight, it never existed for me.

However, I realized that true love is like a tree that needs to grow slowly.

It takes its roots into your heart and slowly grow into a majestuous tree

and I couldn't be happier, no, I'm truly happy.

I am, because you chose me.


No comments:

Post a Comment