Wednesday, April 24, 2024

GoT: Siblings

 //A little flash-forward. She doesn't have to hide her survival anymore. Besides, it's been a while since I had her converse with Jon Snow. 


xxx


"Greetings, Bäahal." -Jon's voice echoed through the walls of the war room. She was caught looking at the beautiful maps carved on stone and painted by the finest painters of the kingdom.- 


She let her fingers run over her dress and bowed before her king and sibling Jon Snow. It had been quite a while since she was able to spend some time with Jon. His duties kept him busy and the growing unrest caused by Daenerys opponents was wearing him down. Bäahal took the opportunity of Jon isolating himself in the warm room to meet him there. As usual, the princess didn't announce her arrival and simply stormed into the room with no clear idea of what she wanted to talk to Jon. He recognized her footsteps and simply welcomed her with half a smile and a warm gaze. 


"Greetings... Jon." -She whispered, tucking some silver locks behind her ears- "I haven't seen you in quite a while now. I decided that it was time I paid you a little visit."


"You know you could have come to me sooner? I'm not exactly hard to find." -She chuckled and shook her head.- "What? Am I?"


"No, you're not. Trouble just seems to find you very easily." -She grinned and walked closer to the table.- "You always seemed to have something going on, I didn't want to interrupt. Now seems to be the right time to have a little conversation." She sat to his right and put both of her arms on the table. "I didn't have the opportunity to thank you for what you did for me. Finding the Redwynes... confronting them and punishing them for the siege and what they did to me." She swallowed a lump and bit her bottom lip.


"It was the least I could do, Bäahal. When news of the siege reached out to us... Your sister wanted to ride Drogon and burn them to a crisp. It took Ser Tyrion and me to convince her otherwise. I... I was worried about you. I was hoping that you survived the ordeal."


"By a strand of hair." She added, chuckling awkwardly as she didn't know what to say. She then dropped her head and twirled some of the silver strands that spilled on the table- "Jon... I came to see you because...We never really talked about Jaime. I am very aware of what he did to your family and in no way I would try to absolve him from his sins. He did what he did...And you have every right to be angry at him, to hate him, or to wish him death. I hope..."


"We love who we love, Bäahal. You found something to love in Jaime Lannister and I commend you for keeping such a kind heart. I would not deny the pain and shock I felt when I first heard that you were in love with him and wanted to marry him. I wasn't certain that he was the right choice for you. I failed to see the good in him because he inflicted so much pain on my family and Dany when he killed your father. It took some time for me to come around and see how genuine your feelings for him were. When I see you when I see you.... all my concerns just went away." -Bäahal blinked and covered both cheeks with her hands. Her purple eyes averted from the table to Jon's face and she gave him a sheepish smile.-

 

"It is such a relief, Jon." -She sighed and slowly put her arms down on the table- "I haven't been able to sleep well since I confessed to Dany."- She then tucked some hair behind her ear and tilted her head to the side- "Jaime has a side that very few people are aware of.  You worked together on the Redwyne's case.. perhaps this helped you see a side of him you've never seen before?"


"He is a man of honor. Working with him forced me to see him for who he was in the present day. I can't forgive him for what he did or his family but...I acknowledge that he is far more than the person I thought he was." -He tilted his head to look at the princess and noticed she was so nervous because her fingers started to tap against the wooden table. Jon outstretched his arm to gently place his hand above hers- "Hey... Everything is alright. Everything is alright. You're not in trouble."


Bäahal looked at him and put her hand over his. Jon had always been kind to her and she felt relieved to hear that he was not upset at her for picking Jaime as her soul mate. Jon was sincere when he said that he acknowledged that Jaime was a better man than he first thought. He was sincere when he told the princess that she could love him and he wouldn't be upset at her for doing so, at least, not anymore. He was sincere because he noticed how much they loved each other. Jaime cared for his sister. He saved her from the siege, he helped nurse her back to health and he brought her back to the Red Keep. Jaime risked everything for Bäahal's safety and when he had to defend his love to Daenerys, his words were touching and Jon was convinced that he was true to her. Wasn't it the most important? 


-TBC-


No comments:

Post a Comment