Friday, September 14, 2018

Pride and Elpis: Darling, you're different

He wasn't like the others, gods draped with their own pride and selfish desires. They always had narrow minds and small goals. They always were predictable, boring and of little interest. He was different and I couldn't tell why at first. It took me a little bit of time to figure it out and even then, I was confused.

You see, Pride is something else, something overwhelming and powerful. His eyes would search your soul and force you to come clean to him. it will force you to reveal your true nature, it will force you to embrace your darkness. Maybe that was why I fell in love with him. He expected me to be true to myself rather than the goddess they moulded me to be and in order to please him, I became me. I removed the layers of extra skin, the fake goddess shaped by my peers to finally be myself and that was why I wanted him. With Pride there was no more game, there was only the Truth. There was only him.

I fell in love with Pride because he was different. He didn't want me to be like he wished me to be, he wanted me to be true to myself and before him -and after him- no other suitor had wanted it. Nobody but him wanted the real me. How could I not fall in love?

No comments:

Post a Comment