Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Oya: What would you do?

(Oya) : What would you do?

A/ N: Oya and Joshua because their conversation kept coming back to me. He's like a twin brother to her since they both have the same age. 

XXXX

« You called. » -Joshua lifted his head to take a look at Oya as she stood in front of him. He nodded and ran his hand over his face before he kicked the chair in front of him so she could sit on it.-

« It seems so. » -He replied as she sat in front of him, her brows furrowed as she looked at him closely.-

Joshua was a mess. His hair was messy, his face was still fresh with bruises he got from the case he worked on. A black eye, a few cuts on his cheeks. His knuckles were still red from the punches he threw and she could see some dried blood on his fingertips. His shoulders were dropped, his eyes injected with blood which made her suspect he didn't sleep enough. His voice was cracked, barely there and she knew he might have screamed and yelled at the phone. Oya was in the same state, working on a solo case when she received a desperate call at 3 am in the morning. Joshua was barely making sense, talking about how big of a mistake he made when he pushed his fiancée Stephanie, away from him. He didn't know what to do since she left him and returned to her parents after throwing her ring at him.

« How long have you been here, Josh? » -She asked as he pushed a bottle of beer her way. She too looked messed up. She had tied her hair on a loose ponytail and had bandages on her left arm. She had a small cut on her upper lip and a swollen cheek that was healing already.-

« Not enough, obviously. I'm still kinda sober. » He complained as he lifted his beer and took another sip. Oya rolled her eyes and leaned into her chair. « Oya... »

« And you would have been on the road, toasted like that? » She said, her voice full of reproach as she gulped down her beer. « What would your dad think? » She crossed her arms above her chest, her face still frowning at him.

« Ah... Dear old dad. He would have been furious if he knew. » -He let out a sarcastic laughter that quickly turned into a whimper.- « I'm pathetic Oya. »

« No. You're hurting. It's not the same. » She relaxed her features and gently bent forward. The ebony hunter put her hand above Joshua's. « What happened? »

« I got cold feet. » -He confessed before he took another sip of his beer.- « We're supposed to get married in a couple of months, but I got cold feet. »

Joshua was Oya's childhood's friend and Sarah's younger brother. Unlike his sister, Joshua decided to keep with the family business and remained a hunter. He was very good at his job, good enough to eventually think of having a family of his own. Stephanie, his long-time former fiancée, was a young woman he saved at his beginnings. It was love at first sight, so much so that she embraced his life. She accepted the reality of the life of a hunter, the uncertainty of it all and the fact any case could be his last. They got engaged, living fully their lives and considering owning a house. It was rare, it was beautiful because she accepted all of him. She finished her studies and was working as an accountant, earning an honest life for the two of them. In order to save a little bit of money, they were all living together with Sarah and her family at Henry's family house. Last time Oya visited, she even joked about him living the life, getting married to a woman who knew the truth about the supernatural world and still wanted his dangerous ass despite everything...Well, that was until tonight. He just sent everything to the nearest wall and watched as his dreams crumbled down.

« Cold feet? You? I don't understand Josh...Why would you want to break your engagement? »

« She wants a family and I am not sure I can give her one. Every case I work could be my last, Oya. Every time I leave the house I might not come back... She could even be the target of an attack. »

« You knew this before. What's new here, Josh? » She asked, taking another sip of her beer while he ran her fingers through his black mane. « What's new? »

« I am not sure I want her to have my kids. I don't want my kids to grow without a dad! Look at how devastated I am without mine! » He growled, hitting the table with his fist and making Oya shudder a little bit.

« You miss daddy and you're going to miss on your chance at being happy? What do you think he'd say? He took the risk when he married Hazel and look at you two! » She furrowed her brows. « Your mom knew the risks when she built a family with your dad. Stephanie knows the risks. You saved her life! » She berated him, her tone harsh but filled with love and concern. « Do you have an idea of how hard it is to find someone who is in love with you, with ALL of you ?? You don't have to hide from her, you don't have to keep a whole life a secret from her! You-- » But he cut her short.

« Do you have ANY idea of how it is to be in love and be afraid to lose it? Do you know how that feels Oya? » -He spat at her, before he took a big sip of his beer, nearly emptying the bottle on her. « You have no idea of how scary life is when someone so good and so beautiful as Stephanie walks into your life and wants to share it forever with you! »

Oya froze. How dare he say something like /this/ to her ?! She had been there, engaged to a man who claimed he was in love with her, only to have him reject her the minute she lost her ability to conceive a child. How dared Joshua claim she had no idea what being afraid to lose the one you love was when she was having nightmares every single day about losing Dean because of her? She lived with this fear in her guts, even though she never acted on it, save for when the world's fate was at stake, because then, and only then she knew that Dean, Sam, and even Castiel would have given up their lives and living in a world without them... Without Dean was inconceivable. His words felt like a slap in her face and she knew that he was drunk and pretty much without a filter on his thoughts. She knew that she couldn't even blame him because she never truly talked about the Winchesters and her real connection to them. She couldn't even blame him because she refused to look into her own feelings while he was living them. He was the one who was engaged and who cried out his separation from his future wife. He was the one hurting tonight and yet, his words hurt her worse than a curse from a witch.

« Fuck you, Josh. Fuck you! » She managed to say, taking another sip of her beer. « I lost Fabrice you son of a bitch. I lost my fiancé twice. I lost his love the day I couldn't have his children anymore. I lost his life when a demon possessed him and I had to kill him with my bare hands. Don't you fucking dare tell me I don't know how it feels. » She felt her lips tremble and her face became somber as she leaned into her chair. It seemed to have worked because Joshua pondered her words and realized that he had fucked up too.

« I'm sorry Oya. I wasn't thinking... »

« That's your fucking issue here, mate! You're not thinking! You are just spitting words like they are bullets! » She put the bottle on the table. « She LOVES you! Do you understand that? »

« Yeah... » He nodded and scratched the back of his neck.

« She fucking loves you!! She knows the world you live in, she's had a taste already! She didn't run away from you, she ran towards you because she saw you! You're an idiot, but you're badass and your heart is in the right place ! » she patted her own chest. « But you're afraid. You're afraid because you haven't been this happy in a while. I know. Hazel's death took a toll on your dad, Sarah and you. Losing Henry...Fuck, I miss him too, okay? I miss my dad every day as well. I know. » She took a deep breath and sighed. « But you can't run away from happiness because you're afraid you'll lose it! » She furrowed her brows and crossed her arms tighter around her chest.

« I'm afraid? » He lifted a brow, his voice drown with alcohol. « I'm afraid of being happy? ...Ah?... » An epiphany, uh? This late? At this seedy bar? Oya was right, he was scared of being happy and that made him scratch his scalp harder.
« Tssk... » Oya shrugged and then lowered her head. « You creeped me out with your cryptid text, asshole. I thought you were gonna do something stupid. »

« I'm sorry Oya...I'm an idiot, I know. » He said, rubbing his face with his warm palm. «I'm sorry. »

« Tssk.....Text Stephanie that you love her. Tell her, you want to marry her but you're afraid of losing her. »

« Is this what you would do with Dean? » He asked, leaning onto the table and closing his eye. Oya blushed hard and ran her fingers through his black mane and didn't say anything, wishing for him to lose focus but he put his hand above hers and gently squeezed it. « You don't have to say anything, I know you care for him. »

« I care, yes... » She said, as a soft smile crept on her lips. « I would have talked to Stephanie if I were in your shoes, because I know she wants to hear from you. She needs to hear from you that you love her and you want to share your life with her, so just do this. » Oya's voice was even softer, drowned in the humdrum of the bar. « I'll take you to your hotel room. You're in no condition to drive home. »

« Okay...Thankz... » He said, shutting his eyes and squeezing her hand tighter. « Thankz... Thankz... » He repeated softly. Oya shrugged and nodded quietly before she looked at the ceiling and the giant fan above their heads. She would have done the very same for Dean, even though, they wouldn't have been in this situation anyway. Oya knew that if there was a chance that Dean thought she didn't care for him, she would make sure he knew...She always made sure he knew. Even tonight as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and texted Dean.

#I'll take the road tomorrow. Joshua's safe, just drinking his misery away. I miss you.O. # 


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment