Saturday, December 5, 2020

Modern ! Bäahal : Letter to my brother: « Where did we go wrong ? »

 

Modern! Bäahal : Letter to my brother: « Where did we go wrong ? »



Viserys, I have to know. I have to know why you treat me like this? What did I ever do to you to make you hate my guts? Is it going to be just like with your mother? Are you going to deny my very existence until one of us dies? I am your blood, whether you like it or not. I am /your/ blood. I never asked to be born, I never asked our father to cheat on your mother with mine. I never asked for any of this to happen. Why do you blame me for what happened to your family? Can't you try and give me a chance like Rhaegar did? He saw past the circumstances of my conception, he saw past the fact I had our father's eyes and hair. He decided to get to know me and we got along so well. Why did we go wrong you and I? Where did we go wrong, Viserys?



I know, I know, you're insane. That's what the public thinks of you and that's what our family thinks of you too. They consider you're the black sheep, the one that should be shunned from all public events since you bring shame to the family. Yet, they accept to pay for your rehabs and therapies you never attend. Yet, they accept to bail you out and pay for a top-lawyer service should you get in legal trouble. Yet, they still consider you family. I am not even given that privilege. I am nothing but a stranger to their very eyes when I have the blood of our father rushing through my veins. I am the Dragon King's daughter! Whether you want it or not! So why? Why are you so vile?



I am scared of you Vis, so scared that I'd rather not cross paths with you. When we were younger, do you remember beating me? I vividly do. Every punch, every kick, every broken rib and black eye you gave me. I remember you beat me so hard that even your mother had to intervene so you didn't kill me. She could accept and excuse violence, but would never want any of her precious children to become murderers, remember? I saw the face you had on that day, the crooked and twisted smirk of yours, relishing in my blood and the painful cries I released. I still recoil in fear of you losing your mind and rushing into my room like last time to beat me up. All in the name of what? Infidelity? Didn't our father love you until his last breath? Didn't he love all of us? He loved your mother, but he fell in love with mine. I guess that's life, isn't it? He just wanted to make sure that all of his children could have a decent life. I didn't ask for more than to have a family, I welcomed you, and embraced you and what did I get in return? Scorn, distance, pain... I can't even bring myself to hate you, I am heartbroken..; that's it...I am heartbroken.

No comments:

Post a Comment