Saturday, December 12, 2020

Chronicles of the Primeval gods: Life of Elpis: A weapon fitting a queen

Chronicles of the Primeval gods: Life of Elpis: A weapon fitting a queen


A/N : Been thinking of this cool scene between our babies. Actually, just flash forward a little bit.


XXXX



Kribi Beach, Cameroon, 10: AM


Elpis was enjoying the beach on this peculiar morning. She was wearing a black bikini and had wrapped around her frame a black sarong. She was barefoot, enjoying the sensation of the wind over her skin and the sand at her feet. Pride was walking nearby, holding his expensive shoes in his hand and his blazer in the other. He had rolled up the bottom of his pants so the waves would not wet the fabric and weren't wearing a tie -he even untied a few buttons, just so to show he was in a relaxed mood-. The wind was warm and the smell of the ocean was filling both nostrils. Elpis tucked some hair behind her ear, loving that the whole beach was theirs for a few hours.


« It's extraordinary Superbia, I have a better connection to nature. I can feel every single living being on that beach. » She said excitedly. « I am getting stronger. » She said waving her hand and lifting a few rocks with her telekinesis. Pride observed and cocked his head to the side.


« We've never talked about your siblings' abilities, nor yours. While I do have Leviathan's control of the ocean, I do not know what others can do or what you can do. »


« Oh... yes, we've never talked about it. If we want to defeat my pantheon and if I want to truly harness my power, I need to start explaining. » She yanked her head back and dropped the rocs on the sand. « We are born with common abilities and common constitution. Our physical bodies are simply the easiest ways we found to manifest ourselves in this world, otherwise, we have true forms that are tangible in the god's pantheons. » She then furrowed her brows. « I have never been able to reach my full potential so I do not know what my true form looks like... » She then furrowed her brows. « I do recall, however, that when we were trying out my powers and started to tease each other, my skin was turning into pure light, I guess that's my true form right there. A golden goddess. » She said with a chuckle. « We are immune to human plagues, immune to their diseases, immune to their poison, immune to their weapons. Like all the gods we've encountered. They took it from us. » She stroked her chin. « we also are immortal, but not impossible to kill as you've seen by yourself. A god-killer weapon would slay us. The Dagger of fate, you also have is one of our weaknesses. It was born alongside Khaos and was infused with his essence. » She shrugged and furrowed her brows. « We also have unique abilities, the main gods of our pantheon that is. My parents, my siblings, and myself. »


Pride was listening to her and found a large boulder he sat on. He put his shoes and his blazer on the boulder to keep his hands free. He would not interrupt the goddess as she spoke and gave him precious intel on his enemies. It only was a matter of time before he launched an attack on them, he had planned to have a full menagerie of various monsters and animals he could mount for battle but he needed to be more prepared than that. Pride was confident in his power, but he needed everyone to be at their maximum potential. Elpis was quickly recovering from her curse and she also was unlocking her untapped potential. How long would it take? He had no clue, but he was patient as well. They were in no rush. For the moment, Ayasha couldn't locate them thanks to ancient magic, so he would take full advantage of that situation.


« My father had the power of destruction. He was capable of reshaping worlds if he wanted to. This power was only his. His essence however was taken by my brother when he killed him, making him ten times stronger than he usually was, but that's about it. » She nodded to herself. At the very least, Ishtar didn't have the power of destruction Khaos had. « Mother has the power of creation. She is the one who gave birth to everything, other gods, and life itself. She's in tune with nature, in perfect symbiosis. Her essence is extremely powerful and if I manage to take it for myself, I can't even imagine the power levels I could reach. Her unique ability is truly to be able to create life at will. She could snap her fingers and a full human adult would pop up. Her creations can't harm her, she had perfect control over them. She has perfect control of the elements as well. » She shrugged and ran her fingers through her silky pink hair. « Khrön had super speed. He was as fast as the speed of light when he had both his wings. Ayasha cut down one of them and he lost his ability to run at those speeds. Ayasha's memory is formidable. She knows, and stores millennia worth of knowledge. She can access the information she wants at ease, let's say, like a supercomputer. She never was good at fighting and would rather not be on a battlefield. That power also comes with nice advantages such as her being able to read any language and therefore understand any parchment or ancient tablets she is presented with. »


Ayasha was a walking library and while this power seemed useless at first, it ended up being the most useful and the one that allowed Ishtar to kill Khaos. When knowledge was wisely used, it became as lethal if not more lethal than any weapon. Pride was well aware since he was preparing himself for a major war and had just ended one ever-lasting war with his siblings. Knowledge favored his victory so he knew how dangerous Ayasha was. He stroked his chin, those were peculiar powers, some were unfortunately lost for all eternity but something was telling him that perhaps not as much as he thought it was. Elpis outstretched her arms from each side of her body, enjoying the soft wind over her frame.


« Sitäa was able, with a touch, to infuse Love in the heart of her targets. She could turn anyone into her puppet and willing servants. It was the primary use of her powers, but she also knew how to calm a racing heart or love-induced madness to another heart and wreak havoc. She rarely used her powers did advise the goddess Aphrodite on how to use her powers and influence humans the best. » She chuckled and shook her head. « Then comes Leviathan, the god of the ocean, the master of what is in front of me. He had complete control over them but that was about it. He wasn't subtle, he wasn't refined, he just controlled the oceans. » She stuck her tongue out at Pride and tucked some hair behind her ear once again.


« What about Ishtar? » Pride finally asked, knowing Elpis was trying her best not to talk about her brother.


« Ah... him... He is the god of war. One of his secondary abilities was to induce bloodthirst and rage into the hearts of humans so they would go to war. I assisted him in infusing hope in their hearts as well... but the real power isn't that. He actually is able to bend metal to his will. Coupled with his knowledge of weapons and his incredible stamina and resilience, he's very difficult to defeat. He is strong beyond belief now that he stole his father's essence. »


« I can beat him. I can defeat your brother. I am not afraid of metal bending, nor am I of his knowledge of war. I have roamed the Earth and the god's astral plane for as far as I remember and I have always been able to win over any challenge thrown at me. Your brother is going to be a challenge, but one I am willing to take and one I am certain to beat. »


He warned her, sending shivers down her spine. She loved when he was confident like that and trusted him to be honest when he said he would defeat her pantheon. She turned around to face him this time and smiled brightly at him His blue eyes now had a purple tint and that elicited a moan from the goddess who felt her own eyes glow brightly. She had no doubts about Pride being able to destroy their enemies but was starting to grow frustrated because she realized she was missing something.


« As of I. I guess that I am still a mystery to myself. As of now, my primary power is to induce Hope in the heart of my targets. But I have psychic powers. Actually. » She said walking towards the god. « Aside from telepathy, I am able to build psychic constructs, used for defense, like shields or for attacks like a giant dragon with claws. Recently, however, I have been able to create life when upset just like my mother does... I don't know what to make of it. »


« Maybe that means your full potential has not been unlocked just yet. The true love child of the god of destruction and the goddess of creation? I guess you would be far more powerful than this. I am sure you are. » He watched as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a searing kiss. Their lips brushed and she enjoyed the sensation of his fingers on her back. Slowly resting on his waist he pulled towards him. « I sense frustration coming from you. » He claimed, it was more or less a question asked to her, which made her shrug her shoulders.


« Indeed, I do feel frustrated. If I am to battle with you, shouldn't I also have a weapon? You have fantastic Khaos. I would like to have a weapon as well, one that I could use to kill Ayasha and one I could use to harness my powers, old and new. » She added while pressing another kiss to his lips. Pride growled between their lips and pulled his head away from her face.


There it was. They had talked about him forging a weapon just for her, but it had been ages ago and it slipped off of his mind due to his siblings. Elpis deserved a weapon fitting the queen she was. Queen of the Underworld, Empress of the Universe. To fit those titles she would need something massive, yet manageable. A scythe seemed to be the perfect weapon but he had to talk to her first, he had to design this weapon with her. He looked at her, an apologetic look on his face that vanished as soon as she noticed it.


« I will fix it, my Light. I will forget you a weapon fit for an Empress. As soon as I have designed it, I would reach out to you so you would tell me if you like it or not. » She stroked his cheek and planted a kiss on his forehead. She wasn't angry and he could tell that his words reassured her. Now that his personal war was over, he had all the time to focus on the most important.


« I cannot wait to see it, beloved. I am sure it would be wonderful, just like you are to me. » She nuzzled his neck and kept him in her tight embrace. « In the meanwhile, let's just enjoy the beach a little bit, shall we ? »


« We shall. »


-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment