Saturday, December 5, 2020

modern! Dany x Bäahal : Do you love him ?

Modern! Dany x Bäahal: Do you love him?



A/N: The aftermath of the interview



As soon as the interviewer and her crew left, it started to heavily rain on the Targaryen's palace. Bäahal sighed heavily and yanked her head back. She let her fingers run on her temple to massage them. Daenerys gently ran her hand over her dress and casually said without even looking at her sister.



« You hesitated when she asked you the question. Is there something new I have to know? »



« Do you sometimes listen to yourself, dear sister? What does your question even mean? »



« Are you seeing someone? » She kept asking, while she ran her hand over the folds of her dress. Dany furrowed her brows, visibly pissed that her dress refused to cooperate and that she might have had bad pictures of her about to be released to the press. Yet, her tone was cut and dry, with a hint of danger lingering on her voice. Bäahal shrugged and shook her head.



« Why would I be? You already control everything, Dany... you already disapprove of me. Why would I take the risk and add more issues between the two of us? » She sneered while staring at the ceiling.



« Why do you have to always be so difficult? I asked you a question, I demand an answer. Yes, or no? » She said, taking her « mothering » tone Bäahal hated so much. The youngster straightened on her seat and looked at her sister, her eyes burning with anger as she hated the way she was being talked to.



« Let's say for a moment that I would entertain the idea of seeing someone, which I am not. I am busy being a socialite since I can't do much without your approval. Let's say, I am seeing someone, then what? Is it going to be like with Elias all over again? Are you going to question me about him? Demand that you meet him before we can go any further? »



« I had to take care of you. » She coldly said. « You are a reckless little thing, Bäahal, and so full of energy and dreams like a puppy. This world isn't Disneyworld. This world will eat you like sharks eat anything that bleeds nearby. I warned you from the very beginning that Elias wasn't good for you. I told you clearly that he would break your heart and what did you do? Did you listen? »



« You said he wasn't good enough because he was a Dornish heir! You said he wasn't good enough because he didn't look 'elite'! He wasn't a Targaryen and just for this, you wouldn't have accepted him. Just like you never accepted me. »



« Don't ! » Daenerys breathed her last word and gave a head sign to the bodyguards, so they would leave the two women in the room alone.



« You've never accepted me because I'm a bastard! Dany, own your shit for once! Admit you hate my guts and move on! » She said, her eyes slowly filling themselves with unshed tears.



« What did I say? You're a reckless little thing. » Daenerys said, standing up to meet ¨Bäahal who had also stood up. «  Yes, I told you that Elias wasn't worthy of your Targaryen's blood but you were happy. Didn't I let you two pursue that romance? » She took Bäahal aback and had her shift her eyes from left to right. Yes, she did. Once Dany got over the fact he was Dornish, she allowed the two of them to have a romance. « Don't you remember what I asked you on that day? I asked you if you loved him. What did you say? »



« I said I did. I loved him with my whole heart. » Her voice shook and she put her hands on her waist. Dany then walked towards her sister and tilted her head to the side. « And you said... you said that I had to be careful and take full responsibility when he breaks my heart. » which was also true.



« I said that, yes. I foresaw his betrayal years ago. I knew he wouldn't have what it takes to love such a fiery soul as yours. He wouldn't look back after what he did and he would stomp your heart to your feet. Didn't I warn you? »



Bäahal started to suffocate in that room. It was becoming more and more difficult for her to breathe since she felt oppressed by the air and by Daenerys who reminded her of the worst moment of her life -that had nothing to do with the death of a parent-. Her heart started to beat faster and harder against her ribcage, forcing Bäahal to try and find an escape so she could puke her emotions. Daenerys did her best to hide the smirk that crept on her lips as she saw her sister lose her composure. She knew that what she was about to say was unjust and cruel, it was a complete lie given how things truly unfolded between Elias and Bäahal.



« Little sister...It is in your best interest not to hide a romance from me ever again. I am here to guide you, help you through the moving sands that love is. I can help you see the truth in the people you entrust your heart with. Elias shattered that heart of yours, so it is my duty to protect what's left and make sure that you don't suffer the same way. »



it was pure gaslighting. It was too much for Bäahal to deal with and she stormed out of the room, removed her shoes she held in her hands, and ran into the woods near the palace. There, as the rain started to heavily fall, soaking her to the bone, the heiress threw her shoes against a tree, removed her bun, and let her silver locks cascade onto her shoulders and back. She held her hair and screamed and sobbed as hard as the rain allowed her to cry. Her heart was hurting now, and it was making her so upset to be this hurt when just a moment ago, she was feeling so good about herself and about Jaime. Maybe Dany was right, maybe she shouldn't even try to form a connection with the Golden Lion, not because he would hurt her, but she might give him yet another reason to leave. Elias dumped her out of the blue, after promising her that he was the happiest man alive. Maybe Jaime would do the very same. Yet, yet deep down she would never leave him or stop seeing him. He wasn't like the others. He wasn't like Elias.



Daenerys smirked a little as she quietly walked outside of the room. She knew that her sister would behave and wouldn't have a clue as to why Elias left her. Dany bought him, plain and simple. She gave him enough money so he could start his business without his father's blessing and that was enough to make him leave a woman he supposedly loved. Without a word, without a text, without even a phone call. He just disappeared. It only was months later, when Bäahal finally reached out to him that he texted her back. « We're done. Stop looking for me. I found better. » how could she trust again after this? How could he love again after this? And yet, her heart was still capable of loving and was about to move on from Elias. There was no love left, and the pain hurt less and wouldn't have hurt that much if Dany hadn't said a word. Fucking hell!



-TBC-



No comments:

Post a Comment