Wednesday, May 12, 2021

I lost you -modern verse-

 

I lost you, in a moment of euphoria and joy, I ended up losing you.

You were an oasis to me, someplace I would rather be than my home.

You were a promise to me, a promise to a better future, and a better life.

How could you? I can't even fathom the idea of you never being honest with me.

I have good eyes, maybe the best in the whole world because I can see through smoke

I can see when someone lies to me and you never did, not until you decided to leave.

Yet, I decided that my eyes might not have been good and I was too young to realize.

My sister convinced me that you weren't good from the start and I blindly believed it.

A prince of Dornes, one of the less trustworthy partners to have, and I believed her.

How could I not when you suddenly decided to leave me behind?

How could I not when years later when I finally reach out, you shut me down?

« I don't need you » you said « I never loved you. » You said. « Leave me alone. »

Those words felt like knives dived deep into my heart. I couldn't breathe.

We met when I was 18, got engaged when I was 22 and you disappeared!

After we've been talking about a house, a business, and a baby, you vanished.

Only to spite in my face when my chest was open and my heart bleeding.

You didn't want me, you never did. And you left me to nurse my wounds on my own.

Oh you taught me something, yes, you taught me well! People are assholes.

Never trust a man until he showed you his true colors, never fall in love again.

I learned my lesson, for years I kept it to myself, focused my mind on myself.

I was convinced I would be abandoned again. After all, they all left, they always did.

But all changed when I met my Golden Lion. All of my walls and false ideas died

suddenly I saw the light.

Suddenly I was reborn.

And today I will never let you hurt me again, no matter how hard you try.

I've grown-up, I'm mature, and I have found something you never gave me, ever :

TRUTH

No comments:

Post a Comment