Sunday, December 11, 2022

Short short, Christmas edition

"We don't celebrate Christmas. How could we when it brings us back to painful memories? How could we when it reminds us of what we've lost over the years? Those are deep wounds that cannot be closed, a pain that cannot be soothed, a hole that keeps on being dug. I don't remember the sound of my parent's voices. I still can recall my brother's, but it's becoming more and more distant. I still remember their faces, but it's becoming more and more blurry.  So we don't celebrate. Instead, we work together. We love each other, we fuck each other, we save people and we hunt monsters. That's what we want, that's what we need.  geez! I love it. I'm happy."


xxx


Bäahal didn't like winter. It wasn't just the cold that she couldn't stand. It wasn't just the fact she had to wear layers and layers of fabric in order to keep herself warm. It was the fact everything was white. Everything was cold. Everything was dead. It reminded her of her mother whose skin was so white that it almost looked like snow (due to her albinism). It reminded of her what she had lost. Of the gentleness of her mother and the warmth she always gave her daughter. It reminded her of the sacrifices Sunni did, in order to protect her child from danger. Her mother took all the risks for Bäahal, and the weather played a role in bringing the young woman the morns. Bäahal didn't like winter. She didn't like the grief she felt because she couldn't tell her mother just how far she's come. She couldn't tell her mother how happier she was, and that frustration, coupled with the fact she was missing her mother was unbearable. 


xxx


(Mary TVD): 


"Samain? I always manage to honor the holiday despite not being able to connect to my fellow witches or my ancestors. I still do it, on my own, in a way to keep my sanity. I am a witch. I have not betrayed my faith, my coven, or my sisters but still... I feel empty. I feel lonely. I feel....frustrated. There were days when honoring my heritage was welcomed. It was comforting. I felt like myself again. I didn't need to have sisters by my side to complete the rituals, I learned how to do it by myself. There were days, however, when it felt pathetic and disgusting and it made me angry. It made me so angry that I couldn't complete it. I just...It's just.....Ah! Samain....I always manage to honor it. but I'm tired as shit to be celebrating alone."


xxxx


(Soa)



"I don't really celebrate Christmas. what's the point in reminding myself that I have no family left? What's the point in reminding myself that I could so easily slip up into my old drinking habits? It's miserable, it's shitty. it's so grim that I'd rather not celebrate the holidays. Yeah... or maybe... Maybe I could just work, make some cookies or something... pretend I care just so I could eat something nice. eh.... still sounds pathetic. I'd rather not celebrate the holidays at all. so Guess who's gonna work instead? this girl!"


xxx


(PB)


"Christmas? It was one of Mary's favorite days. She could care for her loved ones, especially children. She always made sure that the children of the Grace Shelby Institute were well-treated, cared for, and spoiled for the holidays to come. She remembered her own time at the orphanage when the cruel nurses would make sure that she didn't get any present under their watch. Mary witnessed them repurpose her gifts and claim them for the Orphanage or, even worse, take them off of her hands to give them to other children.  That left a deep scar in her heart and the woman swore she would always make sure that the children under her care would never have to go through such cruel treatment. 


Aside from the orphans, Mary was even more excited to share it with the family. She always got involved in preparing for the holidays; She would assist Frances in the kitchen, she would tend to the kids, she would help Ada, care for Charlie, and support (with some success and some failure) Arthur in his attempt not to get shitfaced...She would feel at home. Mary was looking forward to celebrating the holidays with those she loved as her family. She was looking forward to seeing one particular person with a smile on his face. This would be a Christmas present, to see Tommy smile. To watch him enjoy the presence of those he loved, to have him stop and breathe... live... and love."

No comments:

Post a Comment