Sunday, December 4, 2022

GoT short: Don't let me fool you

 "Don't let the smile fool you. Don't let my strength convince you that I do not need to be comforted. Do not let my ability to endure a lot of pain, blind you from the truth. The truth is that I am afraid. The truth is that I am sometimes exhausted. The truth is, I need to be held in your arms. I need to feel safe. I need... I need you.


I guess I never really wanted to admit it before, but the truth is that there are days when I do not want to be the Dragon Princess anymore. There are days when I don't want to carry the world on my shoulders and pretend that I am fine or strong or anything that would deprive me of your comfort. I am afraid. I am worried. I am exhausted, that is the truth.

Don't let my joy mask the truth from your eyes. Don't let my voice fool you into thinking I am in control. Don't let my words convince you that I can endure this life without you. I can't. I love you. I love you and I want to scream it at the top of my lungs. I want to tell you the words in the warm confines of our bedroom. I want to lace my fingers with yours just so you could feel my heartbeats go harder. I am hopelessly in love with you and I am afraid it would come to an end someday.

So please.... please... Don't let me fool you into thinking I can do this without you. Please, please, hold me in your arms and tell me you love me too."

No comments:

Post a Comment