Sunday, February 12, 2023

a vintage's touch: "Listen to me, Tommy."

Listen to me, Tommy, and listen to me carefully. I know that you are agitated. I know the fear that clings to your heart when you're looking at her. I felt the same way about Ruben. I was wondering how someone like him could love someone like me. I thought it was a cruel joke and that someone like him could never love me. But he did, bless his heart. He loved me but it killed him. So, I know... Tom, I know how you feel deep down. 


Mary isn't like any other person you've ever met. She knows you, she knows the good, the bad, and the ugly. She knows you have blood on your hands and a devouring ambition in your heart.  She knows you can't stop and won't stop searching for what you want. Mary loves you and this scares you, doesn't it? Because you don't know what she loves in you. Because you don't think you deserve it and on top of it all, you're afraid of what you'll become if she stops loving you or if you lose her for good.  I love her like she's my family.  I trust her. I love her and I think you should allow yourself to be loved too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment