Sunday, September 10, 2017

Pride and Asma: If only we could talk

I sometimes wish I could be in touch with the goddess who is trapped inside of me.
I have always wanted to know who Elpis truly was and why Pride was hell-bent on taking her back.
I got it, she was the goddess of Light and Hope. No mortal could ever compare to her. 
She made him feel things he never felt before. A sense of being complete and whole, I understand.
After all, he was the son of Hades. He was a prince without a realm, a king without a crown.
And he was certainly known for being a monster, or a lethal weapon depending on who you asked.
She was the first to see him as more than that, as more than just evil for the sake of evil or a pawn.
She saw him for who he truly was and I envied the goddess as well as being grateful she did.

Sure, the Pride she used to know wasn't there anymore. He lived his life as if he'd never met her.
He was colder than she could remember, worse maybe than she could ever think of and yet.. yet...
Something changed when he met me. Something changed when he remembered her. 
Memories of a life that was denied to him resurfaced, 
spending time with me awoke feelings he never felt
Something was different from the day he set his eyes on me and our destinies entwined. He was new
He was different, I couldn't really point out what had changed but I knew he wasn't the same.
From monster to a sentient being, he had changed before my eyes. I didn't see the monster in him
He behaved with me in ways he wouldn't have if it wasn't for me, or maybe was it because I was her?


I couldn't tell

How much his behavior had to do with my uncanny resemblance to her. I couldn't tell.
I didn't actually want to know because part of me believe that my feelings were my own.
Yes, I fell in love with a monster but a monster to me he was never, a man he wasn't either.
To me, it was confusing because he presented himself as such so I applied our concepts to him.
Love, compassion, pity, desire... I wanted him to understand the way I felt for him, I forced it on him.
But he always reminded me that he wasn't a /man/ He wasn't of my kind, he was beyond humanity.
At times I could see it when he let a tiny fraction of his anger sparkle in front of him
And I realized that he wasn't meant to share my life, he was far more formidable for a mere mortal.


He was meant for a goddess, a goddess like her.

How I wish we could have talked her and me! I wish we could have told stories about that Sin.
I would have told her how much he meant to me and how sad I felt for having to forget him.
It would end up to be a fairytale or a dream, or just simply the idea he never existed in the first place.
He would become a fog in my brain, a distant dream that I couldn't remember, so I hope for a feeling.
At least if I had a sensation that could summarize all we've been through, some sort of awe...
At least if I could still paint his grandiose adventures, his epic battles against his siblings...
My life would have a meaning I am not sure I could give if he erases himself from my memory
Or maybe I'm just delusional, like a lover being left behind because the love is over but they fight still

I wish we could talk, Elpis and I, so I would see with my very eyes how come he fell in love with her.
I want to know if beyond the light and the charm there is something deeper that connects them.
Who am I kidding? Of course, there is. She sent me dreams for weeks, of just the two of them.
So I know. Don't I? I know why he was so attached to her and why she was so fond of him.
The yin and the yang of the universe, The New Hades and the New Persephone... That was them.
She loved him with the purest and most powerful form of love that could possibly exist between souls
The one that despite knowing who he really was, she dived head first into the chaos that was love.
The one that despite knowing who he really was, she refused to give up on him and resisted threats
She sacrificed herself for their love, believed that it was strong enough for him to find her again

It was that kind of love that had no limits, no boundaries, no expiration date and I was in awe
She struggled for millennia, fighting on her own a battle she wasn't even sure to win but she promised
She promised to find him again and make it possible for the two of them to reunite so she held on.
She fought like a beast to breach the veil and make him remember her and it affected the world too.
The world remembered Hope, the gods and sins remembered it as well and I carried it
That was my mission. That was my purpose. To carry safely Hope until I could release it.
In a way, it was a beautiful purpose I had, one of epic proportion: Birthing Hope into this World
How poetic! How tragic as well because I would never be able to talk to her and tell her these words

"I beg of you sweet daughter of Gaea, never let your love for our Pride falter and vanish."

I could have said more but this actually was all I could say. 
Pride thought he didn't need to be loved but only to be feared. 
I knew this was a lie he kept telling to himself because he remembered how it felt to be loved by her
He came to take her back, he came to feel this love for him back.
He remembered and I wanted her to keep giving him her love for he needed it.
And because I would stop loving him the minute he would erase my memory of him.
And I couldn't stomach the idea of him being alone again for centuries or millennia.
I believe I prepared him for her return, but I urged her not to give up on loving him

Even if he's different
Even if he's the worst version of himself
Even if their bond was altered to the point only a thin thread survived the ordeal.

If only we could talk, Elpis and I, I would tell her all of this and so much more
But we can't.
I can only hope she understands how I am feeling right now.
I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment