Tuesday, September 26, 2017

SoA: The fairy godmother

A/N: Jess being the best at what she does. I am not great at writing fun/funny scenes but I tried.

OST: « You're welcome » -Moana/Disney-

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

« Jess. I don't think he's going to pick me up.  I told him to come to your house, do you think he got my text right? He didn't text back. As a matter of fact, he didn't text me back at all!»

Asma was pacing around, clenching and unclenching her fists as she was feeling stress taking over her. Jessica was comfortably sitting on the most comfortable chair in the living room and while she didn't move a muscle, her eyes followed the stressed-out inker. It was D-Day and Jessica couldn't keep her excitement in check. She watched as her friend walked in circles and ran her hand through her wavy freshly-dyed pink locks. Her hair looked lovely, iron curled and arranged in a sweet bun to expose her gracile neck and the elegant and chiseled jaw Asma had. 

Jessica prepped Asma from the day her friend told her about the date to the final hour. She needed adventure and action and this budding romance had all the perfect ingredients for the best love story she'd ever witness save for her own. Jax came back a few days ago so Jessica thought she wouldn't be worried any longer -as if-. By the look on his face, the "business" he had to take care of was even more problematic than he let her know. It meant she would still be pulling her hair because she didn't know what would happen next. Jax would be fine, he assured her he would. He had to be, she refused to imagine raising her kids without Jax by her sides. 

"Asma, you're giving me a headache when you pace around like that." She mumbled and leaned into the chair some more. "I promise you that Tig is on his way. He wouldn't miss today."

"You sound so confident! I'm sorry about me walking like that but you know that I need to calm down. If I don't walk, then I won't be able to calm down... Please?"

"Okay but don't complain that I'm not paying attention because I'm not looking at you. It's making me dizzy to watch you spin around like that." Asma stopped and looked at Jessica with worried eyes.

"I know. I'm sorry about that but I can't seem to be able to calm down. He had not texted me yet and I don't know if he's coming anyway. Maybe he's not." She looked at all the work she's done on herself to look good and sighed deeply before she sat on the chair. "I'm terrified."

"I know you are. You have nothing to be worried about. I coached you, remember? I coached you real good." She said with a grin before she leaned into her chair. 

What Jessica didn't tell Asma, was that Tig came to her as soon as the gang came back home. He wanted to give Asma the perfect date but he didn't know her well enough to come up with the best plan. She remembered him avoiding her gaze as he talked about how he wanted that night to be awesome but he didn't know how to make it happen. Jess teased him for a while but ended up spilling the beans. Asma was very romantic, even if she didn't say so. 

She wanted to be treated to a nice restaurant for a nice dinner and have her date bring her flowers. They didn't have to be roses -sunflowers were her favorite flowers- but there had to be flowers. She wanted to be taken to a walk after they ate. A nice walk in the park so they could enjoy the fresh breeze of the night. She would want to dance, just the two of them under the artificial light of the park. She would then ask if he would want to take a coffee at her place and the rest of the night was something that didn't need to be told.

So, Tig knew he had to come over with flowers to give Asma, a nice walk after they ate and a dance in the park. That was cheesy but he didn't mind. It wasn't difficult to make happen and they would both be happy. He wasn't much of a dancer, so they would probably just sway a little bit while holding each other. He could make it happen, definitely. 

Jessica couldn't wait to see Asma's face lit up when she would see the flowers but she had to keep a poker face so the surprise would actually not be ruined. Asma kept thanking her from the moment they chose the dress, to the moment Asma started to get dressed, had her makeup done and polished her nails. She thanked her sister, calling her the fairy godmother because she truly ensured everything was alright and that Asma was psychologically ready to go on a date, except, that part still needed some more work.

"Asma. I promise you that he's coming." She actually kept getting texts from a panicked Tig who didn't know which bouquet was the prettiest and kept sending pictures to Jessica so she could help him choose the best one. Asma assumed she was talking to Jax and didn't bother to ask Jessica questions about the texts she kept getting. "He wants to see you tonight."

"Are you sure?" The tattoo artist finally sat on the chair in front of Jessica and leaned her head against it. "I would understand if he didn't want to come. He's not ready for something serious."

"And are you?" Asma shook her head. "That's what I thought. None of you is ready to start over but you're both trying."

"........................Maybe."

"Asma?! don't bail on me! Don't bail on him too! I need my budding romance and you promised to tell me all the juicy details of that night!"

"There is still time to stop it altogether and go on our merry ways." Panic had Asma speak. She was now considering that yes, Alex "Tig" Trager was actually coming to take her out on a date. she scratched the skin of her neck and rubbed it as if she was suffocating. Jessica realized that Asma was low-key having a panic attack so she shifted on her seat and outstretched her hand and gently stroked Asma's back of the hand.

"You both deserve to be happy. You know I am your fan N°1 and I want you to be happy Azzy-kin. The night would be great. He's coming and you will have a fancy dinner, a nice digestive walk and you're going to fuck like there's no tomorrow."

"You said the magic words!" Asma chuckled and pulled Jessica's hand to her lips for a gentle kiss. "I do want to get fucked hard."

"Ahahaha. .. Of course! but you do want something else too. You don't need to hide behind "sex" for me to know that what you really mean is that..." She trailed off on purpose, making Asma smile again and distracting her from her meltdown. Her hand held tighter on Asma's and she gave her a warm soft grin.

"I want Tig to hold me in his arms...I just want to wake up to him and think that everything would be alright and the day is a beautiful one. I want to wake up to him....It's been in my mind for some time. I know it's very fast and it's probably too early to know what's going on but I want that. The night we spent was beautiful but I dread getting to know him and realize that we're not meant to...be."

"It's just a dinner. It's just one step forward. Tomorrow if all went well, you'll take another step forward and see each other again. Is that better if I tell you that you don't have to run a marathon but just take it one step at a time? He's just like you, uncertain about tomorrow. I think you both owe it to yourselves to try and see if it works because if it does..." Asma was on the verge of crying, mostly because she was still riding her anxiety attack and she was grateful to have a friend like Jessica.

"If it does?"

"If it does, then I would be the happiest lady in the world because of my best friend here.." She said cupping Asma's cheek and wiping the tears off of it. "My best friend here is finally going to be loved like she deserves to be. Tig's an intense guy. He loves you or he doesn't and for having seen him fall head over heels someone, I can assure you that if he actually is into you, then he really is. He's going to treat you like royalty."

"Royalty?" Jessica nodded.

"You're our princess you know? Princess Cuddles is how the kids call you. Princess Peach is how your 'PiePie' calls you and I call you Princess Courage because you're sweet and brave."

"If I am a princess then you're my fairy godmother! I feel like Cinderella about to hit the club and---"

It rang outside and they both knew it was Tig who came a little late. Jessica squeezed Asma's hand tighter and stood up to go open the door despite Asma's protests. She chuckled when she saw Tig looking dashing in a nice tiled shirt, fitting denim jeans and leather shoes.

"Finally! She was going crazy with you not texting her." She poked his arm and cleared her throat. "ASMA? I think your ride is here!"

"I'm coming, Fairy Godmother! " Asma's voice echoed through the room as she made sure her hair looked perfect, her lips were plump and juicy and her dress looked impeccable.

-TBC-

No comments:

Post a Comment