Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Take a piece

Take a piece of me, a little bit each time we see each other.
Take a piece of me, strip me off of myself
Take the parts I can't stand, chew on them, devour them until there's nothing left.
Take the parts I can't stand, make them disappear so I would never have to look at them.


I feel trapped in there, even more than I used to feel before.
I thought I could claw my way out of that pit of darkness but I fooled myself
I am doomed in there, forever trying to swim back to the surface
Only to be pulled down, deeper into the pit.

What a fool I was!


Take a piece of me, a little bit each time we see each other
Take a piece of me, destroy my whole being
Take the parts I deem unworthy, those parts of me that make a failure out of me.
Take the parts I can't stand, make me forget my shame, make me forget my pain

I am suffocating in there, dying a little bit each passing day
And I don't know if I can even hope for something better.
Take a piece of me, I beg of you, take one off each time we see each other
Take a piece of me, make it stop, make it vanish, that ever-lasting pain I can't shake off.

Put an end to my misery

No comments:

Post a Comment