Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Tickled

She tickled my curiosity, how could she not?
Her beautiful hair, so vibrant in color, caught my very eye
Her radiant smile was infectious and before I had the time to even say "what?" she bewitched me.
I was under her spell, I think, from the minute I laid my eyes on her.
I couldn't escape from her, I don't even think that I wanted to.
She had me at her mercy and I willingly jumped with both feet.

She tickled my curiosity, how could she not?
I was mesmerized already by her ability to fight, her raw strength and immense power.
She could level cities with her arms, she could have tyrants bend the knee before her.
I was moved by her compassion and her open heart she never hid from anyone.
She was giving, she was forgiving as well and was always prone to see the best in everyone.
She bewitched me with her kindness and before I could even say "What?" I was at her mercy.

She never truly used it against me, I don't remember a day she did so.
She knew I was infatuated, I never tried to shy away from my feelings for her.
How could I? I was a knight, I was a fighter, taking risks was in my veins and ran in my blood.
I would have fended monsters and slaughter her enemies for her sake if she asked me to.
I would throw myself into battle and take the risk to lose my life in the process if she asked me to.
She had no idea of how deeply I was feeling for her, or how alive she made me feel, worthy even

She tickled my curiosity, how could she not?
I witnessed her being vulnerable when she thought nobody could see. I saw the masks fall
I saw the scars she refused the world to see and bear on her skin, the real ones, the mental ones.
I saw her breaking down in front of me after holding back for so long for the sake of everyone
And in moments like these, she confided in me, she trusted me more than she trusted herself.
It broke my heart to see her this vulnerable but I am aware of my incredible luck, of my privilege

She tickled my curiosity, how could she not?
I saw the warrior, the woman, the friend and the teammate all at once, on that battlefield we call life.
I saw her grow and mature and rise and fall all at once on that clusterfuck we call life.
I saw her break her walls and build new ones, I saw her give to others selflessly and ignoring herself
I saw her being unable to take what was given to her as if she didn't feel worthy of being loved back.
And I saw her triumph from that, rise and shine brighter than the northern star, I was bewitched.

I don't need more in life than her being happy.
I don't need more in life than her feeling complete.
For she gave me all that I needed and keep on giving without realizing it.
A purpose in this life, love I never thought I'd ever had,
compassion for my shortcomings and encouraging words for my victories.
She bewitched me... no, she didn't, I think I guess... I simply fell in love with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment