Friday, October 6, 2017

Chronicles of the Primeval gods: Life and Death of Ayasha: Mother (Ayasha x Gaea )

A/N: I just had to write Ayasha lashing out at Gaea for being « neutral » and loving Elpis too much and not being too concerned with the existence of the sins and HOW she loathes the sins. I just had to get some tension out, didn't I?
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Ayasha didn't muster the courage to see her mother ever since Gaea decided to hide on Earth. The goddess of Knowledge was too angry and too emotional to even dare confront her mother who would read into her like an open book. Ayasha's charade involved pretending to be genuinely protective of her own. She had to make sure nobody saw through the smoke and mirrors she hid behind and realized that she actually was way more ambitious than that. Her desire was to ultimately be the only divine presence on Earth. No gods should survive the Holocaust but her. She engineered the destruction of the Sumerian Pantheon (however, didn't predict it would be by the hands of the youngest sibling of hers). She decided to take advantage of the fresh romance between Elpis and Pride to push Ishtar into killing her and spark a civil war that would eliminate the most dangerous gods of the pantheon and only leave her and a few others she could easily manipulate. It didn't go as planned, Isthar couldn't bring himself to kill his sister and simply cursed her into an eternal reincarnation cycle, forcing Ayasha to keep an eye on her sister.


It would be alright if Elpis love wasn't strong enough for her to breach the curse and make every god and living being remember her. They couldn't find her and those who were loyal to Elpis would soon find enough strength to push back against the domination of the new All-Father Isthar and Ayasha his counsellor (and the mastermind behind the civil war that witnessed the slaughter of the Primeval gods). Ayasha was growing impatient and worried because she knew that her sister would definitely break free from her curse and seek revenge. Elpis was very powerful, Sitaa, when alive, was the most powerful elder goddess after Gaea and Chaos because she was the goddess of Love. Elpis brought Hope but also Despair and it could influence the gods themselves, which made her dangerous. Ayasha's meatsuit was an extremely beautiful blonde woman with green eyes. Since the goddess of knowledge gave an appointment to her mother, the All-mother Gaea, at a coffee shop, she was wearing a pair of blue shades with a blue satin top and a grey pencil skirt. Her feet were comfortably put into a pair of black heels. Gaea, whose vessel was a native American woman, wearing a floral dress and a pair of white sandals, stared at her girl with a concerned gaze.


« I can feel you are not well-rested. »


« How could I mother? How could I when my sister-- your daughter is out there, fomenting a plan against Ishtar and myself? » Gaea sighed and put both hands on the table.


« You know Elpis is full of love, she wouldn't want to kill you if you let her go. »


« She wouldn't /want /? Mother, wake up! Ishtar stabbed her and cursed her into this life she never wanted to have. If that wasn't enough, we have to worry about the sins as well. Pride found her mother, he found her and he's hell-bent on setting her free. » She tapped her fingers on the table, nervously trying to hide a frown of anger.


« She's not going for blood. She wants to be free and wants to enjoy her relationship with Pride. That is what she had always wanted from the beginning, before your brother and you decided it would be better to get rid of her. » Her tone shifted, accusing openly Ayasha for conspiring against her sister. It shook the blonde who groaned and stopped tapping her fingers.


« Are you kidding me? Mother, are you trying to lecture me about doing what's right by our people? Sins are a threat! Sins are weapons! Hades designed them to take over his pantheon and now they would want more! They would always want more because they were designed as such! Are you going to blame me for trying to protect our own while /you/ were the one who fled from the battlefield? » She spat at her mother, her eyes flashing a brief but intense green light.


« Why are you so upset Ayasha? Am I not saying the truth? You find yourself in a predicament you are the cause of. Why did you want to meet me? » She asked, thanking the waitress for the cup of tea she brought before she stared at her daughter with intense black eyes.


« Ah. » Ayasha scoffed and leaned back into her chair. « I wanted to know where the hell was hidden Elpis. I cannot feel her energy, I can't track her down but I know you do. I KNOW you are that powerful. Sins can't hide their energy from you so I know you know where he is. I know you feel Elpis every day, although her energy signature is still faint due to her being trapped still. I know you know! »


« I don't know. I can't find her Ayasha. » Gaea's voice was oddly calm, way too calm for a mother who lost so many children in an intestine war. « I already told your brother Leviathan about being unable to find her, why would that be different today? »


« Elpis is close to being freed by Pride. Leviathan assured me that once he finds her, he would kill her and the sin as well but I am doubting he could. Elpis, while being the embodiment of Despair is ridiculously powerful and I can't even begin to imagine how it'll be a sin by her sides. How could you /not/ help? How can you stand by? »


« I am neutral in everything Ayasha. Your beloved father and I created life but we chose to let it lead its course. We chose not to intervene even when it comes to you, my child. » Her tone was still very odd and very even. She sounded softly even though her words were received as knives diving into flesh. It hurt Ayasha who grew even more impatient.


« Do you even care? »


« Excuse me? »


« Yeah! Do you even care? You keep on protecting your precious little Elpis! You and Father had always loved her more than you loved us. Of course, there would be a hierarchy between your spawns, of course, you would value them from the most powerful to the least! I am the goddess of knowledge, I can do many things, I could DESTROY the pantheon if I wanted to and yet, YET. I never was more than your library! You never valued me! Neither did Father! » She sounded bitter and her bitterness only grew in intensity as she spoke. « Father is dead, our siblings are dead...And you didn't even lift a finger! Now that you have the chance to save your remaining children, what do you choose to do? You run away? You remain /neutral/? You protect Elpis! »


« I am not protecting her. Don't you think she also has grieves against me? I didn't lift a finger when she was betrayed by Ishtar. I didn't lift a finger when you killed Sitaa or Khrön.. my beloved Khrön... I am truly neutral, only watching after humanity and ensuring its survival. Humans must keep on living.. we might die, but they shouldn't. I am watching them. » She said, glancing away at the humans who were drinking tea next to them. Ayasha's eyes grew wide and she hit the table with her fist.


« Such a mother you make ! You cannot see what's in front of you. You pretend you care for a greater good while all you do is run away, like a coward. »


« I know you want to take my place. » Gaea abruptly said, this time staring at her daughter straight in her face. « But you are not strong enough to pull that stunt just yet. I am aware of your anger and disappointment. I am aware of your attempt to catch my attention... but you are right, I do not care. I cannot care because it's not important. Your feeble attempts at overthrowing me are not important. Elpis isn't either, none of us truly matter. We are old news, old gods who don't have a place in the heart of mortals anymore. We should go and maybe you would be the one to take me down, maybe Elpis would if she gives into her anger. I do not care. I love my children, even you Ayasha. I love them all with their strength and weaknesses.. with their flaws and qualities. »


« Stop it ! »


« I love them all and I love you too...Even when you're conspiring against me. You might succeed or you might fail, it doesn't matter for now. What does matter, however, if how mankind can survive this war you waged on us. »


« I didn't wage a war ! Elpis and her bullshit romance did ! Elpis and the SIN! They did it together! This love was doomed from the start! Forbidden and dangerous! He was meant to conquer and kill. He was meant to slaughter us all.. he was meant to be our end and I refuse to face it. I refuse to be eliminated by a mockery of life that sins are. »


« Are they? » Gaea mused, drinking her tea and closing her eyes.


« Aren't they? They were born from fire and anger. They were born from the hand of a hateful god. They were born with a simple mindset and the goal to destroy all life, including our own. How could they feel? They pretend they feel and for that, I blame Elpis stupidity. They pretend they are something else, something MORE but they aren't. They are empty shells! They are disgusting! They are scum that needs to be wiped out and since Elpis decided to side with one of them, she is not worth any compassion or mercy from me. She needs to die. »


« Ahaha..... Ayasha.. for the goddess of Knowledge you certainly lack insight. There is magic between Elpis and Pride. It's a bond you can't understand. He was believed to feel nothing and be a simple-minded soul trapped within a perfect vessel but Elpis brought something to light when she fell in love with him. He is alive. He is very much so a pure soul inside a perfect body. Not a pale copy, not an empty dump.. but an actual being. Elpis love helped him grow and develop and express feelings. He lost it all when you cursed Elpis but he's on a crusade to take it back, which means all is not lost for him.  And All is not lost for you. » She said covering the hand of her daughter who swiftly removed it, disgusted.


« Mother! Do you hear yourself talk? You are talking as if the SIN was a human being! He's nothing but filth and I will destroy it! I will destroy it and I will destroy YOU! How dare /YOU/ ?? how dare you? » She groaned and ran her hand through her golden locks. Gaea's face took a sad expression as she sighed at her daughter. « You are right, mother, I do want to take your place. I think I would do a better job at being the All-mother than you. I will bring this world to a new and better era. Just wait and see! » She said as she stood up. « Elpis would die. I swear on my life and with her, you will soon fall too. » She walked away, having troubles containing her tears. Gaea watched as Ayasha vanished into thin air before she took another sip of her tea. She had plans, better plans for the future and already envisioned a new race, a better race.. the Union of a Sin and a goddess.



(TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment