Tuesday, October 24, 2017

love and whatnots 2

//imaginary lives and imaginary people//

"I remember when he said he was in love with me. I didn't expect it to happen. To be honest, I had a low-key panic attack and I had to keep it casual so he wouldn't think I was losing my mind. My heart...I felt it soar into my chest and I had butterflies in my belly and tears in my eyes. I think it was so intense that I puked shortly after. He didn't see me, we were on the phone when he said those words. It feels silly but this is also very unique. this is us...him being sentimental and me being sick because of love." -Carry

"My mom never loved me. I was more of a Barbie doll than a child to her. She lived by proxy and tried to force her sunken dreams onto me. It took me a while to realize she was unable to love me like a mom should. It took a lot from me to actually set myself free of her. I'm glad I could. I am glad I could." -Jonas

"I would be a mother very soon. I'm pregnant. It doesn't show just yet but... I don't care. I'm already a mom. Pregnancy is this weird rollercoaster of emotions you know? One minute you're very happy and the very next one you're worried something happens to your unborn baby...I'm not yet deep into that pregnancy and yet, I already freak out. You know who I admire? Single mothers. I'm lucky I have a very involved significant other but those who are alone? Ah, look, I'm about to cry." -Maelys

"Everything is in the eyes. I don't care what body your soul is in as long as your eyes are telling the truth. I had loved them all and all loved me too but the love of my life, rest their soul, the love of my life had the warmest, kindest and most understanding eyes I've ever seen. Honesty is a turn on baby, so you better let it all out if you want me." -Ethan

"Sexuality... Why is that when you're a certain weight, people start to think your sexual life is non-existent or bizarre. I mean it. I'm fat, there's no way around that word. I am fat but I had sex, great sex with understanding and compassionate and kind men of all shapes. They are not freaks for wanting to have sex with me, I am not used or whatever fucked up conception people have of fat people having sex. Today I'm with Jeff, in a very happy relationship. That's not weird. I'm just tired of the assumptions." -Caroline

"I'm Jeff, Caroline's boyfriend. It took me some time to assume my love for larger women. I have always thought they were beautiful but never dated one out of fear. There's this perception that you might be a freak or a loser if you love someone who isn't a skinny model. No disrespect here, I believe women are beautiful regardless of their shape. Caroline is sublime for me. It's the way she smiles at me with the dimple on her left cheek that makes my heart stop. It's the way her dress would hug her curves and tease me. It's the way she carries herself, walking with the confidence of ten brave men and bringing me to my feet with awe and fear. Caroline is amazing and I'm the lucky one." -Jeff, Caroline's boyfriend.

"I never wanted to have kids. I never felt the need to reproduce myself. Not dissing on parents here, you do you, It's just not something for me. My girlfriend doesn't want children as well and we're good just like that. The two of us are a family and I intend to keep it that way. Yet I have no heat from our loved ones or my friends. They think I'm cool. They think I'm free and they envy me but I see the way they look at Cynthia. They pity her and they pressure her into having baby envy. It's ridiculous." -Jake

"We broke up my girlfriend and I  a decade ago, but it still feels like it happened today. I loved her, more than anything in the World but love wasn't enough and I hurt her. Love isn't enough. I learned it the hard way. I took her for granted and look at me now. I'm miserable. She moved on, you know? She's engaged to another woman than me, she's successful and her name is on everybody's lips. Our common friends are gracious enough not to talk about her when in front of me and vice-verça but I don't know, man... I feel like screaming. I lost her because I didn't do the damn work and didn't want to meet her halfway despite her begging me to do so. After a while, she couldn't take it anymore. I don't blame her." -Joelle

No comments:

Post a Comment