Saturday, October 14, 2017

SOA: The dinner part 2

A/N: Because I have been thinking about them all week duh!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Tig led Asma inside his favorite ribs joint. He made sure she first was sitting on a chair before he went and sat in front of her. He did notice some of the stinky eyes shot at them by angry customers and it took him a minute to figure out why they were looking at him as if he'd murdered their kids. Interracial couples weren't legion in Charming. Most people « stayed in their lane » and didn't dare go wherever their hearts took them. Gangbangers weren't making it any easier given how exclusive they were of people who weren't like them. Groups like the former gang of White supremacists made it very hard for interracial couples to settle in the town. When they weren't driven out of Charming, violence happened. Elias Tobbins did lose his wife and child because the wife happened to be an Asian-American woman (a Philippine at that), which didn't sit well with those Aryans wannabe. The gang might be gone, the mentality stayed. So yes! People who stared at Tig and the lady he brought along with him furrowed their brows.


Tig noticed it made Asma uncomfortable and angry. Her beginnings in Charming weren't actually pleasant. She ran into some Stepford PTE mom who told her she didn't belong in Charming and all those racial slurs painted every day on her office. Anyone would have left but not Asma. She was tired of running. She spent every morning over the last year, to simply remove the painted slurs from her front door and walls. Eventually, once they realized she wouldn't leave, they just stopped. Dark glares, however, didn't. Tig held onto Asma's hand, to distract her from the other customers and help her focus on him instead.


« Bella... » She shifted her gaze, averting from the couple on their right to his handsome face but couldn't hold up his gaze and switched to the customers on their left and furrowed her brows. « Bella... » He called her again, this time squeezing tighter her hands with his.


« Yes? » She looked at him again and sighed deeply. « I'm sorry, I'm being distracted tonight. I just noticed how they looked at me. they hate what they see, they hate us together. » She said, squeezing his hand. « I have been there already... when I was with Oscar.. when anyone but a black man was flirting with me. You always have assholes trying to make me feel inadequate. » She sighed and shrugged. « You're bringing attention to you, maybe this wasn't a good idea. » She knew it was panic talking rather than her rational brain. Maybe Tig would have been better off, without her, maybe the whole club would be better if she wasn't around. After all, there still was an ongoing investigation on SAMCRO and Daniel Quinonez was after them like a baby after milk. He wanted their heads, he wanted them locked up in jail and Asma might be the reason they fell in disgrace... wouldn't she? Wouldn't she be? No ! Wait! That was your brain! That wasn't true! That wasn't real! Asma get a grip!


« I don't give a flying fuck what they think of me, or of us. It doesn't matter to me, Asma, they can hate all they want, I don't hate /that/. I don't hate /us/. The idea is rather pleasant. » He stroked the back of her hand with his. She blushed and chewed at her bottom lip. « Besides, you said /us/, » He said in a teasing tone, taking her away from her issues for a minute.


« Did I? » He winked at her and she grinned at him, feeling relieved that he wasn't against the idea of being with her. He didn't mind people staring at them and went past the moment to panic over rejection from others. He had a lifetime for that


« Yes, ma'am! You did. » Asma felt blood rush into her cheeks and sighed in relief when the waitress came with the glass of wine. « Is that a problem? »


« N-nope. I just, I just need to powder my nose, hold that thought. » She said, grabbing her phone and rushing into the toilets of the restaurants. There, she shakily grabbed her phone and texted Jessica.


#I think I made a mistake. I just told him, before dinner, that I was thinking of us as a couple. I didn't say « couple » but he got it. He got it and he asked me if it was okay and then I just rushed into the toilets. I'm scared! #


Jessica was watching tv, comfortably sitting on the couch when she received the text. She chuckled to herself and gently started to write when she received a text from Tig.


«#I think I scared her. She let it slip that she didn't want to bring attention to us and didn't want to be a problem for me and I highlighted the fact she thought of us as a couple. I mean.. she did say so but you told me how she is and now she's freaking out. What do I do? »


Jessica scratched the top of her head but decided to first reply to Asma because she was close to having a panic attack. It did make her laugh however because she had the two lovebirds texting her and being in a panic mode within just the first 30 minutes of that date. What could possibly happen next?


-TBC-




No comments:

Post a Comment