Monday, May 7, 2018

got: Farewell, my friend

//That's the alternative ending for Bäahal!!! I also really wanted Tyrion and her to reconcile and introduce the bittersweet ending. I mixed both. <3 It's very bittersweet.


King's Landing at dawn was a beautiful view for those who knew how to enjoy it. Tyrion surely did. He contemplated the view from his balcony, enjoying the warm breeze that blew in his face as he remembered the life he once used to lead here. Pride had his heart swelling, his eyes were filled with unshed tears as the painful memories of his previous existence resurfaced. He lifted his hand, to raise a toast to the fallen member of his family. His father, his sister, His nephew, those who constantly belittled him and thought nothing of him. The dwarf, the evil-doer, the shame of the Lannisters. He was seen as a curse for some, a waste of space and skin, the one who should have been killed when he was born. He had been lost to alcohol, betrayed by those he loved, deprived of everything he held dear, including love. King's Landing was nothing but painful memories of humiliation, sadness, anguish, and guilt. Today, however, he was somewhat at peace. He returned victoriously. He returned with a queen and not just any queen. He returned with a truly good soul, a savior, an unspeakable strength, and beauty. He returned with his heart full of pride and love, love for a woman he would never have. So he drank. He drank this early in order to celebrate the coronation of his Queen. He drank this early, in order to drown his own sorrow over the fact she chose Jon Snow. He couldn't compete, the Red Lady told them that the Ice and Fire had to be reunited and they were. He had witnessed them grow close to one another, he'd witnessed the way she was looking at Jon, the way she listened to him and the moment she went to save his life, he knew she had given her heart to the young man and he would never have the chance. Had he ever? At least, he returned home and he lived long enough to witness her rule on the seven kingdoms.

He heard the noise of a door being open but didn't turn around to look at the newcomer. The sweet perfume of dawn filled his nostrils, which informed him that Bäahal was in the room. The Hand of the queen cleared his throat and welcomed her. "Good morning, princess." he could almost hear her smile as she sat on the chair of his chambers. He heard a loud sound, which made him turn around and finally notice her bag."Are you going somewhere?" He lifted a brow, surprised. Bäahal's purple eyes seemed of a lighter shade and he realized that her eyes were swollen from tears she cried at night. "The time has come for me to go on adventures." She spoke with the softest voice, her elbow rested on the desk while her cheek rested against the warm palm of her hand. "Is the queen aware of your departure?" the princess nodded and put her other hand on the table."How did she take it?" She looked at the distance and shrugged. "She understands." He walked towards the princess and fetched her a glass of wine he handed to her. They never had a good relationship until the war against the Night King. He was the one who outed Bäahal to her sister, in fear that she might cause troubles in the future. He was the one who refused she went with them to Dragonspit, in fear she ruined the truce he wanted to make with Cersei. He was the one who realized she fell in love with Jon Snow and forced her to admit it to herself. Once again, they didn't have a good start. But it got better. He learned to trust the woman after spending time with her. She was far from the portrait he had painted of her in his mind. "If you're going to leave King's Landing, we might as well have a conversation." The princess smiled at him and grabbed the glass of wine he pushed towards her. "I guess we have to. Do you want to start or should I?" Tyrion smiled and sat on the chair next to hers. His deep blue eyes stared at her intensely and he took another sip of his wine. "Allow me." Tyrion said as he leaned into his seat. "I should apologize to you, Princess. All this time I was doubting of your genuine affection towards the queen. I thought you were after the crown or revenge for the way your father treated your mother." Bäahal furrowed her brows and shook her head. "No. You couldn't have been more wrong. I am devoted to the queen. Her success was my true desire. She's on the throne now, ruling the seven kingdoms...She even found love."



"She did." He took another sip of his wine while she finally set her purple eyes on the Hand. She couldn't conceal her heartbreak, it was obvious to the eye, especially one that went through it. "I accept your apologies. They did cause me great turmoil. I couldn't understand why you couldn't see how genuine I was. She set me free when she freed Mereen. She gave me a purpose when she sailed to Dragonstone... Ah... I should apologize to you as well. I have been harsh with you. Bitter and angry and I did threaten you several times. I should not have but I did." She said, taking a sip of his beverage. "Apologies accepted. I did push you over the edge. I should not have. I was trying to find a flaw in your narrative, to find a weakness I could exploit but all I did was setting fire to your fears. I shouldn't have done that." She blushed and looked down at her hands. "We learned...we changed. I hold no grudges against you and as a matter of fact, you are one of the bravest men I have ever met, Lord Tyrion." She said, smiling at him "Does that mean we can move on?" She nodded. "Does that mean I can speak freely?" She tilted her head to the side and she tapped her fingers against the table. She already knew what he was going to say. After all, she almost was invisible during the coronation ceremony and when Daenerys and Jon kissed in front of the audience, she looked the other way briefly. "Go ahead." Tyrion cleared his throat. "Are you leaving the castle because you are running away from... your sister's romance?" She looked at him, her eyes flashing brightly before she wrinkled her nose and shook her head. "No. I am not trying to run away from Jon S-- Aegon..I don't know how to call him otherwise than Jon Snow, for now. Would you have thought I would have found not one but two members of my family?" Her voice was shaking. "We were as shaken as you are." He said, taking another sip of wine. "So you're not running away from him, yet you love him. I saw you at the ceremony. You can't possibly tell me you're not trying to run away."


She shook her head, her silver locks falling onto her chest and clenched her fists. "No. You're wrong once again. My sister has been through Hell. She overcame so much more odds than you can imagine. She liberated people, challenged the old kings and lords, unified the seven kingdoms... She lost her children, the loves of her life. Leave her be. Let her be happy. She couldn't have found a better man to love." Her voice broke. "The heart wants what the heart wants and sometimes you can't have it. I accepted it."She then looked away again. "She has what she wanted and the hardest is yet to come. I give her my blessings. She doesn't need me, however." She looked at Tyrion again and put her hand over his. "She has you. She has Missandei and Grey Worm. She has ser Joras and she has Jon...She doesn't need me around, not for her protection, not for sitting there and smiling. I am not made for counseling, I have no real purpose here. And... perhaps... she would feel less guilty if I was not around, so she could focus on her life." He held her hand in between his. "So you are saying that you're doing this for her sake?" Bäahal nodded. "What about yours?" She smiled faintly at him. "What about you, Lord Tyrion? You will have a lot on your plate. I assume you finally got the victory you dreamed of?" He smiled at her and emptied his glass. "Indeed. Everything I have ever wanted and possibly even more...Princess.." She took a deep breath and swallowed a lump. "Princess, you ought to be careful, for your own sake. I hope you will find meaning in your journey. I hope you will find.. perhaps, love." She chuckled and took a long sip of her glass of wine. "Haven't you heard, Lord Tyrion? I am of those who can't be loved... not in that way. But I love my sister and I guess, it shall suffice me." He didn't have the heart to disagree with her or stop her from leaving but at least they shared another glass of wine before she left the castle, looking for a true meaning to give her life.




No comments:

Post a Comment