Wednesday, May 9, 2018

SoA: The cutie and the Pie!

A/ N: Ah! If you thought I forgot 'bout PiePie, you couldn't be more wrong:p everyone but Asma belongs to Sons of Anarchy and its owners! 


xxx xxx


« So rumors were true, you've finally hit your target today! »


Opie's voice was a tease, Asma had made a lot of progress since Jessica started to train her. She went in a matter of months, from carrying a fake gun to training with real ones. Tig still wasn't very pleased with the whole concept of his beloved carrying a gun. Somehow, he still saw the woman who would rather die than own a gun, the one who despised seeing them, let alone use them. Little did he actually know what sparked the need for Asma to carry and use one. He didn't try to stop Asma, however, and she was grateful that he didn't. It became vital for Asma, once Jessica killed Oscar, to be able to defend herself because she realized that there would be a moment nobody would come to her rescue. With the line of work of her chosen family, there was nothing she could do but expect the worse every single time they went out and one of this scenario involved her turning into a bait. This couldn't happen, in any case, she'd rather die on the spot than being kidnapped and used to coerce Tig, Opie or Jessica or Jax. Moreover, she would end being the damsel in distress. Aside from learning how to shoot, she took some self-defense courses at the local gym, enhancing her ability to defend herself from at least the regular Joe.


« Shut up Piepie! It's not the first time I hit it and for the record, you're an idiot! » She stuck her tongue out before a smile graced her features. « I trained very hard since the first day and I'm very happy with my result. I am good enough to keep the bad guys at bay I guess. » She put her hands on the counter and grinned at Opie.


« At long last! I was afraid you'd shoot me if someone gave you a gun or something. » He scratched the top of his nose. « What are you doing here, by the way? I thought you'd stop by Nix' place or spend the day with Lyla today. »


« I will. I'm supposed to meet Lyla in an hour. I just needed to stop by and see...you. » -Her smile didn't drop although her tone became more serious.-


As a matter of fact, Asma was very concerned. It had been weeks now and Jessica had not been the one providing her the precious training. She had to actually ask the owner of the shooting range to help her complete her training. It wasn't like Jessica not to honor her appointments but it had become a trend these days. She would always come up with an excuse, either it was a migraine, or the job, or the kids and always Asma let it slide. She would nod her head, she would agree with Jessica and pretend she ate her bullshit but she knew. Asma felt it in her bones, the week she spent at the Teller's house after her mother passed away to let her know that something was wrong and she desperately needed to hear from Opie that she was right, that something was indeed wrong. Opie leaned into the counter and looked into Asma's hazel eyes intensely.


«Me? You came all the way just to see me? I knew you had a crush on me but I-- »


« Oh shut up! That crush was a long time ago and how dare you use it against me! » She poked his arm playfully.


She did have a crush on him, she did tell him that moons ago. They did get along quite well from the start, probably because he was actually very easy going and she wasn't looking for trouble when she settled in. It always was deeper than just teases and waves of laughter, even though it didn't seem that way. The closer to Jessica Asma became, the closer to Opie she seemed to get. Simple stuff, nice pieces of advice. She would deal with the whole Lyla relationship and whatever Opie wanted to share with her -anything BUT club related issues since they agreed to keep her out of this. Asma would help him with that. She was quite good at spotting what was wrong and she would more than often care for his well-being and try and help the best she could with what he wanted to share with her.


Simple stuff, nice advice. He would also lend her his shoulder. She barely complained to him because she was the type to keep it to herself and hold back her words and feelings but when she did lose her mind, or spoke one too many words and opened up to him, he was there. He listened. He comforted her -usually by making her laugh until she couldn't breathe-, he'd make sure she wouldn't drink anything and stayed sober. He would watch after her, a lot like a brother would actually. They had this kind of relationship. All was good and sweet up until it wasn't and when it wasn't, when the serious face game was on, they would step up for each other.


«Fine! Fine! I'm kinda hurt, I thought you'd think I was hot forever. I feel like you swiped left on me, that's kinda bad Pinkie! »


« I wouldn't. Come on... » She said with a faint grin, her voice still serious. « PiePie...What's going on with Jessica? » She asked, words escaped from her lips before she could think this through. « I mean, is she alright? I haven't seen her in a while, she's always busy...As a matter of fact, I haven't seen you guys that much. »


« yeah...Club stuff, you know? We're overwhelmed a little bit. Just a lot to take in, nothing's bad. We're good. »


Opie noted she was shaking and nervously twitching on her spot. He knew Asma was worried about Jessica and usually, she had good reasons to be, but sometimes it was just in her head and she made a tempest out of a glass of water. This time seemed to be like that. Jessica had been around, sure, she was busy but he didn't notice anything odd from the queen. She was doing business as usual so he wasn't bothered by it. He would know, they were very close, brother-sister like. He would know for sure if something was happening and she didn't tell him. Asma sighed in relief, seemingly believing him. After all, it probably was in her head, she was doing alright and Jessica was not in any danger of some sort. She moistened her lips and bit her bottom lip.


« Alright then. It was just all in my head. »


« You worry too much Pinkie. Wayyyy too much. » -Opie grinned at her and held onto her shoulder with one of his large hands. Asma tilted her head to the side and wiped some traitorous tears that nearly fell- « You couldn't possibly have come all this way just to ask me if Jess was alright, have you? »


« No, no. I didn't come just for that. I also wanted to know where I could get a gun. One that isn't registered. I really don't want the Popo to know that I actually own one. »


« So Jess gets to teach you how to shoot but I get to do all the paperwork? » -He teased her and chuckled as he saw Asma roll her eyes.- « Come on, Pinkie, let me have some fun. »


«PiePie! » She sighed and rolled her eyes harder. « Can you help me or not? »


« Wow, you're making demands now? » He couldn't help, she was so easy to rile up, it was fun to watch. She pursed her lips and crossed her arms over her chest. « Okay, Okay. I'm serious now. I can help you. Just give me a couple of days and as soon as I have some free time, I'll get you your gun. »


« Thanks. » She bent forward and planted a kiss on his cheek before she waved at him. « I gotta go, I'm pretty sure Lyla is going to kill me because I'm having her wait an eternity! » She blew him a kiss and exited the workshop. Opie leaned against the counter and scratched his beard. Nah, things were pretty okay these days, Jess seemed good, Jax didn't tell him shit about no troubles, so all was just in Asma's worried head.


Well, maybe not.


-TBC-



No comments:

Post a Comment