Saturday, May 5, 2018

TWD: Amelia x Asma: Welcome back

Amelia was nervous. Alexandria suffered a massive loss in its fight against Negan. Only a few made it alive, including Daryl, Rick, Michonne, and Morgan. Maggie and some of the Hilltop survived and Carol and some Of the kingdom survived as well but way too many lost their lives during the final fight. Amelia's mind was focused on something else, on someone else: Asma. The only thing that mattered to her was to have her best friend back. Negan took her with him because she was a formidable warrior and he was one man short. He forced her to fight against her own but she was never killed, as a matter of fact, she was hoping to find Amelia so the two could manage to make her stay with the Alexandrians or kill her on the spot rather than return to Negan. It didn't happen. She never had the chance to see Amelia. It was Daryl who faced her. He saved her life when he knocked her out and hid her body underneath others he hit her in the head to prevent them from turning into walkers. It was chaos for a while, Amelia barely escaped death but made it alive to see a new dawn. As their leader claimed it was over and they won, she sat in the rubbles and cried her eyes out. It was over. They survived. They survived!

They search for survivors and when Amelia notices Daryl, who is carrying Asma on his shoulder, she nearly faints. Her best friend was alive, but in a deep sleep nobody could wake her up from. The survivors rebuilt Alexandria with the help of the Hilltop guys, they cleaned up as much as they could, buried their dead, and were still building back up when Daryl came to Amelia. She held onto his hands while her eyes searched for the unsaid words on his face. The woman became pretty good at it, at reading Daryl's face and understanding what he actually meant. He seemed excited and happy which had her smile. She kissed his lips and quickly pulled away as surprise and shock went through her body. "Daryl... I.." what could she say? After so many months of mourning the death of the love of her life, Ahmed, she grew closer to Daryl. He let her fix his bike, they talked a little -he mostly listened- and she was there when he needed comfort or support. She was there the whole Time. Of course, she grew feelings for him and in her immense joy, she couldn't hold back those feelings anymore. His blue eyes stared at her intensely before he crashed his lips against her. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and shit her eyes tight. " she's awake... I should go see her." She kissed his lips again and held his hand as he guided her to the nursery where Asma was.
She did wake up. A long while ago but she couldn't speak because her throat was dry. Maggie was by her side and patted her hair and stroked her arms to calm her down. She seemed weaker, physically and mentally scarred and exhausted. Most knew she sacrificed herself to save Amelia and knew that Megan must have put Asma through hell. They didn't ask, to not revive those painful memories. The only word she said when Rick came to see she was awake was "Amelia." She wanted to see her sister, see if she was alive and well, and make sure her nightmare was over so Daryl ran to Amelia who was fixing his bike, and told her the good news. When the pair arrived, Daryl let Amelia's hand go and stood next to Rick.
"Asma?... babes... are you...are you okay?" She asked as she knelt next to her bed and gently ran her hand over her arms. "Amelia..." Asma managed to say before Maggie gave her a glass of water. " she's dehydrated Amelia. She can't speak or she'll hurt herself." The Eurasian beauty nodded and looked up at Asma, eyes wide open and tears filling her eyes. " I have imagined that day, over and over again for nearly a year...I wanted to see you, babes. I wanted to see you.. and say....and say... I am sorry!" She said sobbing. She leaned her head against Asma legs and started to sob. "I am So sorry. I shouldn't have tried to sneak into his stronghold. But I wanted to end this. I swear! I wanted To end this and all I did was put your life in danger. I did that. All that happened to you is my fault." She sobbed harder and shivered as she felt the hand of her best friend gently hold her neck. " it's not your fault." She managed to say before she wrapped her hand around her friend's shoulder. "It's not. Amelia. I am alive." Asma shut her eyes tight and allowed herself to cry. "You are home now," Rick said with a nod. "Get some rest." She nodded and he left with Daryl and Maggie. Now Only the two of them remained.

"I will take good care of you, I promise." Amelia said as she lifted her head to look at Asma. " you're back to me. You're back... finally." She said with a chuckle. Asma smiled and wiped the tears off of her face. "I survived.... and the only thing that helped me when I was his captive was that... you were still alive and safe. I prayed at night that you would not try to rescue me. That you'll stay alive so I wasn't doing it for nothing." Amelia nodded and wrapped her arms around Asma's waist. " I wasn't as stubborn as I used to be...I did try and convince Rick to attack several times but I never went there alone." She smiled as Asma cupped her cheeks and pressed a kiss on her Forehead. " I am alive...I am Right here and I am exhausted and hungry. Could you cook something for me?" Amelia nodded and stood back up. She pressed her lips to her best friend's cheek and left. They had another shot at a happy life. It might have been a nightmare for more than 3 years, but they had another chance to rebuild and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment